Anduin Wrynn- Farm Help: Part 1 (a)

World Of Warcraft One Shot

Amazing you thought to yourself another day on the outskirts of the monotonous town of Goldshire, another day tending to carrots, paying eager adventurers to fend off the ever-growing boar problems and another day hoping to get noticed. Your rake plunged deep into the earth, commemorating the beginnings of the new planting season, a scene that you were all too familiar with. Warm sweat ran down your face and dripped into the soil as the rampant sun cast itself onto your face.

"Anyway, I can lend a hand?" A silhouette blocked out from the sun outstretched their arm, their voice shrouded by the infinite raking.

"No thanks, I'm alright." Nobody helped for free, even the countless waves of mis-match armoured wannabe heroes never did anything for the sheer gratitude of it. "I don't have any gold, bandit raid cleared me out last week, I'm sure some of the further farms weren't hit though."

"Believe me, of all the treasures that Azeroth holds, gold is not the one I seek." The arm stayed extended, you handed him the rake and shielded your eyes from the sun, his blonde hair matched the wheat that grew in the field adjacent, a cheesy grin sat on his face and regal robes swayed from side to side in the breeze.

"Oh, King Wrynn, is something wrong?" Of course, you had missed your taxes from time to time, but you could not think of any reason that would cause a royal visit to your simple farm.

"No, no, nothing wrong." He continued where you had finished, allowing you to take a handful of seeds from your pocket and sprinkle them into the gaps that you had created. "Just seeing if I can lend a hand, I was informed of the recent wave of bandit attacks and what kind of king would I be if I didn't help?"

"Well, you would not be like your father that is for sure."

"That was father."

"He would be proud of you..." He smiled with a satisfied heart before continuing to work the land.

"You can call me Anduin you know, don't worry, the guards won't throw you in the stockades for it."

You had never spoken to the king before and here you were ploughing the land with him and speaking as if you were family. Of course, you had noticed the king... Anduin, it was hard not to. He would obviously never notice you though, he would help sow a few seeds and then he would be on his way to the next farmstead.

"Hard work isn't it?" You asked as he stretched out his back and rubbed what must have been an achy muscle.

"I have trained for battle all my life, my father mentored me in combat, and I had the finest trainers in all of the Alliance, but this is difficult, luckily, I did not come here to farm." He leant the rake against a fence and manoeuvred his way over to you, making sure not to crush any freshly planted seeds. "I have made many marches through this town, every time I do so I see you working the land and I just can not take my eyes away from you." Your hands forgot how to work, and a mist of seeds scattered across the earth.

"I am sorry your highness, I think I misheard you?"

"I said, every time I pass through, I make sure to detour, just so I can catch the smallest of glimpses of you."

"I'm just a simple land worker, you have first pick of the finest wives in the whole world, you surely don't want me."

"I've been through every single woman my advisor throws into my face yet they pale in comparison to you..." you tried to come up with more reasons that you were not worth his time but he shut you down. "At least come up to the keep, even if it is just for one night. We can have the chef prepare whatever meal you wish, then after that we can go wherever you want, do anything. Don't think you are below me, we are all just people, why should something as stupid as blood come into it? Please? If it doesn't work out then at least you get a fancy meal out of it?"

~*~

Written by Aaron.