Emily Fields- Divorce (c)

Pretty Little Liars One Shot

Although divorces were a normal thing in the modern world, you didn't think it would happen in your life. Your parents had been happy, at least in front of you they had but they had admitted to falling out of love and it wasn't fair on anyone to keep up that façade. There wasn't any bad blood between them, and they promised that other than your father moving out nothing would really change for you, they would still co-parent and wanted everything to be done in your best interest.

After a couple of days of talking with your parents and learning about everything that was relevant to the situation, you needed to get a break from your home life and the best place to go was to your girlfriend's home. Emily's parents were one of the happiest couples you had ever met, so you knew that she wouldn't personally have any experience with divorcing parents, but she would do her best to comfort you.

You told her the plain fact of the matter, that they were divorcing before you ended up laying with your head in her lap, letting her play with your hair and using her gentle words to calm you down.

"Everything is going to be okay," Emily said softly. "It's just a big change and that can be very daunting but that doesn't mean it's going to be bad. At least your parents will be happy."

You nodded your head. "I'm glad they are happy; I'm just worry is all."

"Worried about what?"

"My Dad is moving out of state; he's transferred jobs to get a fresh start. I'm not going to be able to see him nearly as much. I've always gotten along with him better than I do with my mother," you sighed.

Emily let her fingers lace into your hair, running through to separate strands of it, whilst also calming your mind.

"Why don't you see if you can move in with him instead then?" She offered.

You looked up at her with pleading eyes, not liking that option more than not seeing your father as frequently.

"They've said I can but that would mean I'd be miles away from here. I don't want to change school halfway through senior year and I definitely don't want to lose you."

She gave you a sympathetic smile. "We'd work things out if that was the case. You need to think what your best option is. I'd love for you to stay in Rosewood but if moving in with your dad is for the better, then you need to."

"I need to think."

"Think for as long as you need."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.