Illya Kuryakin- Learn (h)

Man From UNCLE One Shot

A lot of people would say how a relationship is all about learning – how the other person works, the things they enjoy, what irritates them and how to get them out of a bad mood.

Your relationship had started in a pretty unconventional way.

Illya and Napoleon worked for U.N.C.L.E but Gaby unexpectedly leaving had thrown a spanner in the works for them.

Whilst neither of them knew why Gaby had decided to leave, they got a replacement rather quickly and that replacement was you.

It was strange to come into a team so small, but you got used to it relatively quickly.

Napoleon was accepting and became your friend in a fast way whereas Illya took a bit more warming up to.

Soon enough the two of you were getting along and when the two of you started dating, it was kept on the down low for a little while.

Your superiors had found out of course but they weren't about to make you both split up when they knew you worked better as a couple.

Over the course of your relationship, you had made the decision to learn Russian because you wanted to be able to converse with Illya in his mother tongue and of course it would help on missions.

Illya had been helping you along the way but found great amusement whenever you pronounced something wrong.

It was a rare week off for the team so you and Illya were hiding out in your hotel room.

Napoleon had snuck off somewhere with his new lady friend, so it wasn't as if you could spend any time with him around also.

As you had some free time, you were putting more effort into the Russian lessons.

"Let's see if you can recognise this phrase," Illya suggested with a smirk on his face.

You turned to him with a smile. "Test me."

"Я люблю тебя мой ангел."

As soon as he spoke your eyebrows furrowed in confused.

He chuckled at your confusion. "Okay my love, you have a week to guess what I just told you."

"So, my week off is going to be spent being confused about you and your weird language."

Illya smirked as he lent over to kiss your cheek. "You're the one that wanted to learn my weird language."

Over the next couple of days, you tried your best to find out the individual words that Illya had spoken – he repeated it as many times as you asked him to but laughed every time you couldn't figure it out.

"Any luck?"

You glared jokingly over at your boyfriend. "I have got one phrase and that is it."

"Well it's only two phrases love so you're halfway there."

"мой ангел means 'My Angel' which is your favourite pet name – I knew you calling me love was strange."

Illya chuckled and had a proud look on his face. "Well done Angel, of course I couldn't risk calling you that because it could have helped you."

"What was the first part of it?"

He moved to sit next to you, pulling you close to him. "Я люблю тебя."

"I love you too Illya."

He tried to mask the surprise on his face but ultimately failed. "You knew?"

You smiled at him. "I knew the basics of the words Illya, I just wanted to be sure."

"You are my angel and the only one for me."

~*~

Written by Hannah.

Tumblr Request.