Nick Valentine- Restrained (a)

Fallout 4 One Shot

"Tough little spot you've got yourself in here. Try and be the big hero and look where you end up. You tied to a chair and an orchestra of angry raiders that you've spent your time in the wasteland pissing off." You tried to respond but the thick rope that sat in your mouth prevented that and instead cut into the corners of your lips. You looked around at the room full of raiders that had paid a good handful of caps to 'spend some quality time with you' as the supposed leader put it. Some real tough looking guys and gals, a few that you recognised licked their lips in anticipation as they sharpened razors and took practice swings with bats and mallets.

"All right everybody, listen up!" The ringmaster jumped onto a table and kicked off it's contents to get everybody's attention. "Now you've all paid your dues to be here and don't worry, I promise that you're all going to get your alone time with our special guest. Firstly, a few rules." A member of the crowd, a short and stocky guy let out a loud 'Boo!' and tried to incite some laughter from his peers, the leader chuckled, pulled his chipped handgun and fired two shots into the over spoken man.

"As I was saying, a few rules. You are not allowed to kill our friend here." The slightest wave of relief flushed over you. "That pleasure will be auctioned off towards the end. Next rule... actually, that might be the only rule. All right." He jumped off the desk and made sure that everybody stood in a straight line and that everybody had paid their share of caps. "I say we get this show on the road." A great cheer incited once he had pulled out a rusty switchblade and ran the blunt end around down your cheek. The reflection bounced off your eyes as he raised the blade above your leg, he thrusted it down but just before it bore into your skin a rogue bullet sent the blade hurtling to the floor and left a bloody hole in his hand.

"Come on guys, another party that I wasn't invited to? Is it because I'm a synth? It's 2287 guys can we try and be a bit more inclusive?" Valentine jumped down from an open window high above the warehouse stands, most of the raiders paused and just looked in shock at each other. "Now this is what's going to happen. You're all going to leave this place, you're not going start some shootout. I have a whole platoon of synths up there just waiting for my signal. Do you all want to know what the signal is?" He slowly raised his metallic hand above his hand, the raiders watched and trembled in fear as he grabbed onto his hat. It wasn't long before they turned on their heels and had left, including the leader, leaving just the two of you.

He made short work of your restraints and helped you dust off your clothes.

"Are you not going to call the rest of the synths down?"

"Oh come on, don't tell me you're as stupid as they are?"

~*~

Written by Aaron.