Geralt- Inn (a)

Witcher One Shot

Drunken patrons flooded the interior of the quaint roadside inn. Normally these places ebbed and flowed with the steady business of village olds or weary travellers, after the recent Nilfgardian win however, the place was packed with cheering soldiers and their wives.

"Two ales please." The white-haired man threw a few gold coins onto the counter after he was able to push through the bustling crowd. He grabbed the frothy drinks and found himself a quiet seat in the corner of the hectic inn.

"Two ales... Are you waiting for somebody?" The amber crystals that set nestled in his head turned to find you.

"Whose business would that be?" His voice, although quiet and controlled seemed to boom around you.

"I'm just somebody who needs a problem solving, I heard you're good at that kind of thing..." After a quick scan around the inn he gestured for you to sit opposite him and as you did, he slid one of the ales across the table so that it landed just in front of you without it spelling a single drop.

"What's this trouble then? Griffins? Harpys?" His eyes continued to scan around the room as the both of you drank and talked.

"No no, nothing like that, my problem is more of a... Human issue." His eyebrows raised as he withdrew the foamy beverage from his pursed lips.

"You know who I am right? What I am?" In between his thumb index finger, he rolled the wolf medallion that hung from his neck.

"You're a witcher if I am not mistaken?" Geralt leant back in his chair and nodded slowly.

"I don't normally deal with... Human problems, I'm more of a monster kind of guy."

From deep within your pocket, you pulled out a hefty sack of coins and threw them on the table in front of I'm, a few of the pieces rolled out of the bag and spun on the table.

"Are you a human kind of guy now?"

"This must be a big problem you have..." Geralt quickly counted through the coins in his head, estimating the small fortune that must have been contained within.

"I like to know that everybody can be brought Geralt, it just depends on the price."

"Even witchers need to eat... People may paint us as beasts that steal children to eat but that isn't us. Now, enough with the chit chat, what do you need from me?"

~*~

Written by Aaron.