Spencer Hastings- Parents (h)

Pretty Little Liars One Shot

Arguments were never going to be easy – it meant disagreeing with someone and the confrontation was definitely the worst part.

There was the shouting, the screaming, the crying.

Yes, you needed to talk about certain things, because there needed to be the conversation in order to get through everything – rather than having it all bottled up and then it just exploding when it got too much.

And of course, it was amplified whenever the argument occurred around other people.

Other people would attempt to get involved whether it was to have their say or to try and calm the situation down.

Obviously, it was never a good time to tell someone to calm down but telling someone to calm down during an argument was just a massive mistake – it never went down well so all it did was make the argument worse.

You'd been with Spencer for just over six months, and you'd never been happier but there were a lot of tensions within your relationship.

The whole A fiasco for a start meant that you could never be sure what would be kept private and what everyone would know.

It meant you two had a hard time a lot, but you always got through it.

Most recently however, A had been sending things to Spencer's parents and putting nonsense into their heads about you so of course they were giving Spencer grief.

You'd stayed at Spencer's house the previous night so the two of you were going to make breakfast together.

When you got downstairs though, Spencer's parents were sat on the sofa looking thoroughly irritated.

Spencer's expression turned to confusion as she observed her parents.

"What is going on?" Spencer questioned.

Her Mum looked to her. "We'd like to see you talk to Y/N about her issues."

Your brows furrowed at her statement. "My issues?" you quizzed.

Spencer's Dad nodded his head in confirmation. "We've been told some things about you that we're not too sure about."

"Anything you know, I assure you Spencer already knows about it."

"And I don't understand why you and Mum are getting involved," Spencer spoke up. "This is our relationship, and I love you two, but you don't need to get involved."

Spencer's Dad scoffed. "We get involved when we think she will ruin you."

"Ruin me?" Spencer questioned with an incredulous look on her face.

You shook your head and reached out to hold Spencer's hand. "Spence, I don't know what your parents are trying to do here but I think I should go."

She glared at her parents and then turned to you. "They're trying to pit us against each other, that's what they're trying to do," she stated. "They want us to fight and they want us to break up."

You sighed. "Don't start this argument with them, we don't need to."

"Yes, we do," she directed her words at her parents. "I'm not going to fight with Y/N, and definitely not because you're trying to make us."

Spencer's Dad stood up, but she held her hand out to stop him.

"No Dad, we're going to stay at Y/N's house," she told them flatly, "And we won't have the constant disappointment in the air there."

Spencer stormed back up to her room, and you weren't about to be in the room with her parents, so you quickly followed her.

When you reached the room, she was throwing clothes furiously into a bag causing you to sigh.

"Are you sure about this Spence?"

She turned to you, a frantic look on her face. "I can't live in a house where my own parents don't trust me."

"Remember this is what A is doing."

She shrugged. "Even if it is A, my parents aren't going to trust my choices and I want to be with you."

"I want to be with you too," you reassured her as you pulled her into your arms. "And if that means we've got to camp out at my house for a while, then so be it."

She giggled, moving towards you for a kiss. "Your parents always liked me more anyway."

~*~

Written by Hannah.

Tumblr Request.