Jake Brockman- Perfect (h)

Outnumbered One Shot

You remembered your friends who had already gone to university telling you that you'd meet some of the best people in your life whilst you were there.

It always seemed like a foreign concept to you, that university would cause such long lasting friendships and yet it had happened for you.

You'd moved away for university as you'd wanted your independence, but it was also like jumping into the deep end as you had moved away from everything you knew.

Jake was introduced to you by one of your flatmates, and he soon became your first real friend in London.

He had made the decision to stay at home for university, but it became a regular occurrence for him to stay with you in your flat.

It took a while for the two of you to establish what you were as the both of you were quite content with just being with each other, but it did get to that point where you both decided that there needed to be some form of label on what you were.

The Christmas holidays had come and gone with Jake meeting your parents for the first time and you were beyond grateful that they liked him.

You'd met Jake's parents multiple times, what with Jake living at home and him dragging you home practically every weekend.

This weekend was no different, so you packed your overnight back and went to meet Jake at his car.

"Hey, you," you greeted as you climbed in.

He smiled at you before he leant over to kiss your cheek. "Hi Baby, ready for another weekend at the mad house?"

You laughed at his words but nodded in agreement anyway. "I always love being at your house."

The drive didn't take very long and soon enough the two of you pulled up on the drive of the house.

Jake grabbed your bag for you whilst you headed up to the front door.

Before you had a chance to ring the bell, the door was flung open and Karen was stood there with a smile on her face.

"You heard the car, didn't you?" you jokingly asked her with a smile on your face.

She nodded and hugged you causing you to smile but you heard Jake's groan from behind you. "Come on, move out of the way please."

Karen mockingly glared at him before running back into the living room.

With a quick hello to Jake's parents and his brother Ben, the two of you went upstairs to his room so that you could unpack.

You dumped your bag on the floor and fell onto the bed, causing Jake to laugh.

"Why must I do all the work?" he jokingly asked you.

Smiling at him, you sat up and he handed you his bag. "You never do all the work."

You began to unpack your things and started to wonder why you kept taking your things back to your flat.

"Why don't I just keep some things here?" you mused out loud.

Jake turned to you with a smile. "I was wondering when you'd ask that."

"So why didn't you suggest it?"

He chuckled, sitting down next to you on the bed. "I wanted you to do it on your own Baby," he told you. "Of course, I want you to keep your things here, but I wasn't going to push it."

You smiled as he put an arm around your shoulder. "You could keep some things at mine too...you know, if you wanted to."

"Of course, I want to Baby."

Unbeknownst to you, Sue and Pete had been stood outside Jake's bedroom door after having been curious about your conversation.

"Maybe...if it's something you'd want to do...we could look at some flats for next year?"

Sue's face broke out into a smile at hearing her son say those words to you and even Pete had a small smile as his expression.

The two of them decided not to listen in on anymore and made their way downstairs instead.

Once they were in the kitchen, Sue turned to her husband and did what could best be described as an excited squeal.

"Oh, she's just so perfect for him," Sue mused causing Pete to chuckle.

He pulled her into a hug and then smiled down at her. "Let's not think of wedding bells just yet Sue."

After hearing Jake's suggestion, you couldn't help but be excited at the idea of you two moving in together.

"We live together practically all week anyway Baby," Jake stated with a smile on his face. "The only difference would be that we can have our own place."

You practically launched yourself at him, causing him to fall back onto the bed as he wrapped his arms around you.

"I take it that you want to?"

Giggling, you nodded and quickly kissed him. "We'll make it home."

~*~

Written by Hannah.

Tumblr Request.