Archie Andrews- Assignment (h)

Riverdale One Shot

For pretty much every single student out there, thinking up something 'original' for any piece of work was an absolute mission.

You never had any clue how the teacher thought you could come up with an actual original idea when the likelihood was that someone else had already thought it up somewhere else for some other purpose.

Your English teacher had asked for a 1000-word submission on a topic of your choice that would improve the younger generation's workplace future.

Apart from the whiz kids in the class, no one had any clue with where to begin.

That meant that you were left staring at your laptop with no idea in your head.

Fortunately for you, your boyfriend Archie was sat there in the exact same position as you.

The two of you had made a plan to sit at Archie's house and attempt to start on the assignment but all it had been was the both of you staring at your laptops for well over an hour.

"I think my brain is just empty," Archie stated as he fell back onto his bed.

You turned to him and laughed. "That isn't possible."

"It's a figure of speech Baby," he countered with a smirk on his face. "Just let me complain."

You shook your head with a smile before lying down next to him. "I don't even know how to get an idea."

"Some form of inspiration."

"I have an idea," you spoke up as you turned to face Archie. "We could go to some of the local places that're hiring and ask them what they think would help us have a better future with work and such."

Archie started laughing and had to sit up because he kept laughing.

"What's so funny?"

"That's insane Baby, there's no way they'd tell us anything that would be useful."

You jokingly glared at him as you sat up. "What you call insanity, I call inspiration."

"There's no way you can get inspiration off the idiots in this town."

"Oh, come on Archie, they aren't all that bad."

He chuckled, picking up his laptop and manoeuvring to lean against his headboard. "But they're not going to help us."

"How do you know that?"

He shrugged whilst his fingers hovered over the keyboard. "They don't care Baby, everyone around here is always so busy with their own lives that they're not bothered with helping anyone else out if they need it."

"Guess we're back to square one then."

Archie lifted one of his arms so that you could cuddle up to his side.

You did so with your laptop on your lap, continuing to stare at the blank word document on the screen.

"We'll figure something out Baby," he told you as he pressed a kiss to the side of your head. "It's only an assignment."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.