Katherine Pierce- Unexpected Visitor (c)

The Vampire Diaries One Shot

Life was never easy. Life then got harder when you were over a century old and a vampire. As a human you had fallen for a man who lived in your town, the two of you getting along perfectly well. Soon a woman came to town, becoming infatuated with the man you loved and his brother, turning them both into vampires. Although you were kind to her, she saw an enemy in you as Damon, the man you had been courting, left her for you, turning you into a vampire as well. You were wed and spent the last century together, coming back to the Boarding House he had once lived in, to live with his brother Stefan.

Both were out for the day in Mystic Falls, leaving you alone. You enjoyed the peace, no matter how much you loved Damon, sometimes you needed time to yourself to just relax and take time to yourself. Such luck didn't come today. Although your husband and brother-in-law had gone out, a knock at the door broke your tranquillity. With a reluctant sigh, you made your way to the door, expecting to see a salesman or someone looking for one of the Salvatore brothers. Neither were true. There stood the woman you never thought you'd ever see again.

Katherine had turned Stefan and Damon, trying to keep them both for herself, but Damon broke from her spell coming back to you, making you her enemy.

"Hello Katherine," you stated with a soft smile.

Although she tried to ruin your life, you didn't have any bad blood. You didn't see the point in holding a grudge or seeking revenge, what had happened in the past was just that- the past. Of course, you weren't thrilled to see her, but you weren't going to be cruel to her.

"And hello to you too... little homewrecker," she sneered, clearly not expecting to see you there.

"Clearly we remember things differently Katherine. I wasn't the one to pursue a spoken for man. You can hardly blame me for the decision of my betrothed," you said calmly, not wishing to argue with her.

Katherine rolled her eyes, not enjoying how civil you were being with her. You knew life would be easier if you fought with her but even as a vampire, your heart was pure.

"Where are my boys?" She questioned.

"They aren't home. They will be back in a few hours, you're more than welcome to wait," you smiled.

"I plan to."

With that she barged past you, not needing to ask for entrance due to no humans living there. Katherine moved to the sofa, sitting down and making herself at home.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request,