1

THE rain fell on the roof loud and hard like bullets. The wind howled as if a thousand souls were begging for mercy in mere whispers. The sky was dark and dreary. The atmosphere was cold and gloomy. The lights inside the cabin are on but they flicker in the vision of the four girls. Outside, the green pine trees bend and sway to the wind like a puppet on their string. The small flowers on the field are flooded and trampled by the merciless weather.

The golden blonde woman sighed heavily, grasping her hot white porcelain mug filled with black coffee. Her golden locks rested elegantly on each shoulder as she sat back in a plushy black couch. She takes a sip of the coffee, the liquid burning her lips and her tongue making her slightly grimace with the bitter taste it had too. She forgot to put sugar. Perfect.

Across her was a brunette woman whose bright icy blue eyes anxiously shifted from side to side as she fiddled nervously with her blue cotton sweater. The brunette's hair was held in a very loose messy bun correlating to the stress she felt at the moment. Following the example of her companion, she sighs deeply in exasperation and exhaustion holding her head in her hands dramatically.

The golden blonde's silver eyes looks from her cup to the woman across her. A frown makes its way to her face. She glances at her friend in concern. She spoke her first words in two hours. "You okay Ylustris?" She asked in a hushed tone. She's surprised Ylustris could even hear her. All the howling outside seemed to drown her voice. But Tris' sharp and queerly pointy ears, the same ears the golden blonde had, picked up her voice.

"No I'm not Felina. I'm not. Those two are building up explosive tension right now. They're a ticking time bomb!" Ylustris replied with her British accent heavy, nervously fiddling with her right prosthetic metal arm. A habit she made when she was nervous.

Felina gave a bitter smile. "Aren't we all ticking time bombs?" She said.

"Yes but those two are going to explode any minute and I don't like it! I wish they would talk things out in a civil manner but no matter what I do they wouldn't listen and not a word I say goes through their thick skulls"

"Well what can you say?" Felina shrugs. "They're Stark's and that's what they are. A bunch of stubborn thick skulled people with an unmatched ego"

Tris turned to Felina with tired eyes. "I just wish they would let go of their pride for one millisecond and listen to each other. All they do is shout. We are throwing our friendship away over some stupid playboy"

What happened exactly? Well, their Latina friend, Diamantina Stark had a guest. Vincent, her boyfriend. Well ex-boyfriend, now that Dia saw Vincent and Lou Stark, her sister kissing in a closet. In the first place, the women didn't like Dia going out with Vincent, he was a horrible influence. Not that they didn't appreciate the mischievous trouble makers. No they loved them. But Vincent, was far too much to handle. He was immature. Slacked off at his job in SHIELD. And for the most part, a playboy. An insufferable disloyal playboy. Lou protests that she didn't kiss Vincent, and that Vincent kissed her. But Dia wouldn't listen.

They tried to tell Dia different but she was too stubborn and headstrong. Now here was the consequence. The two women sat in tension across each other when Dia and Lou march into the room with footsteps equivalent to a stampede, shooting insults at each other.

"You are stubborn, headstrong and stupid! If you listened to me, this would have never happened! Your playboy boyfriend used you to get to me! He kissed me and I didn't kiss him! Are you even listening?!" Lou practically shouted at the top of her lungs. For a woman with literally explosive capabilities, her voice reciprocated it. The explosion in her voice can make a building tremble with its sound waves alone.