24

AFTER breakfast, Lou and Felina went down to visit the Fellowship's campsite. They were there gathered around a supposed campfire that was put out and reduced to nothing but ash and soot. It wasn't put out too long ago since a small smoke still sizzles from it. They ate sitting on the ground with their legs crossed.

Their heads turned to acknowledge the presence of the two women. Seeing them talking and walking together, they sighed in relief. The two were no longer fighting which was good for them. It would be hard to be in one group as them when they were having conflict. They greeted each other good morning and Lou went to sit beside her new lover Aragorn, Felina sat beside her. Aragorn kissed Lou on her forehead initiating a couple of cheers and hollers from the Fellowship.

"I was wondering if you would ever make your move laddie" Gimli said to Aragorn.

"I'm glad you had the courage to tell her mellon" Legolas smiled at the Ranger.

"Thank you for your encouragement Legolas. I would not have done it without a slight nod forward in the correct path" Aragorn replied also smiling in gratitude.

"He is thanking his friends for helping him but honestly Felina I have nothing to thank you for in this one" Lou teased with a small smirk. "I mean, you gave no peptalks, no encouragements like 'Oh just tell him you love him' or girl advice. You literally did nothing to help"

Felina merely shrugged and kept her usual straight face on. "Lou you know romance and I dont fly well. And of course I did nothing. I just ran out into the rain accidentally making you run after me resulting in you being in the same world as your beloved now making it possible for you to meet"

Lou chuckled. "Oh right. With your running out I wouldn't have followed you and never met Aragorn. I guess this whole disappear to another world does have its good side"

"But you would never be able to go home to your world" Pippin said in sadness for them. "You would never see your team the Avengers again"

"Family, Pippin" Lou sighed sorrowfully. "They are family"

"That is just making the pain of separation worse" Pippin replied.

"We are here now in Middle Earth. And as much as I would hate to admit it, we have no way to go back or even say goodbye properly even for a brief moment. But it is what it is and there is nothing I can do about it. I admit I am still praying that I could find some miracle that I could go back but now...." Lou paused looking around at them. A diverse group of different kinds of people and races. Elves, men, dwarf, and Hobbits. They somehow could get along the best that they could and become a great team.

"But now this is my new home. And no one could ever replace the Avengers. But you are a new team of mine. A new family if I even daresay" Lou continued.

"Its not the same without Gandalf though" Sam lamented bowing his head low. The others followed his example. It felt like years ago since they watched Gandalf fall down with a Balrog but they feel the sting of their fresh emotional wounds and remember it was only a few days ago.

"Aye, nothing will ever be the same without the wise council of the Grey Wizard" Gimli agreed sighing in resignation.

"With him gone, we are broken and lost. I do not feel any hope or spirit left in me. I'm not even sure if I feel anything anymore. I have become... numb" Frodo said in low clipped voice like that of a puppy lost from its mother. He was broken. They all were.

It was silent for a few serene moments. They had their heads bowed low solemnly each trapped in their own thoughts and memories of the fallen Wizard. No one knew what to say. The pain was beyond words. It cannot be expressed verbally. But it can be seen in their eyes and in their shattered hearts. To their surprise, Felina spoke up. She was least expected to since she usually wasn't the most verbal of people.