25

THEY stayed in Lothlorien for a few more days. They needed to restore their strength and to refill their baggages. Most of them didn't want to leave Lothlorien. It was a quiet and peaceful place. It almost reminded the Hobbits of the Shire but they knew if they do not finish the quest, there would be no Lothlorien or Shire. Now they stood by the silver and white river ports of Lothlorien ready to board their little boats and embark on their journey once more. The port was near the outskirts of the forests of Lorien covered with the thick shelter of the trees. Like the whole area of Lorien, the place seemed to have a silvery glow to it. White boats were lined up ready for them to use with their oars inside. The river seemed to have a crystalline glow and the current wasn't too violent but elegant and swift enough to send them on their way.

Before their departure, there were elves across them lined up with gray elvish cloaks in their hands. Each elf dressed a member in a cloak securing it with a  emerald green leaf pin.

"Never before have we clad strangers in the garb of our own people. May these cloaks helo shield you from unfriendly eyes" Lord Celeborn said scanning them over with his eyes.
Before they left Lady Galadriel gives to them their gifts held by her two elleth attendants. Legolas received his first.

"My gift for you Legolas, is a bow of the Galadrhim. Worthy of the skill of our woodland kin" she says. Legolas stared at the bow in awe. It had a silver grayish tint and intricate design patterns carved into its wood. He runs a hand across its arc and tests the string with a small smile.

Galadriel then moves to the Hobbits. First Pippin and Merry. "These are the daggers of the Noldorhim. They have already seen service in war"

Pippin and Merry inspected the daggers in awe. Its scabbards were made of pure silver and the daggers had a refined pure white stone on its hilt, much like the moonstone they saw on Felina's crown. Merry took out the dagger and it resounded a mettalic sing. It was definitely sharpened to its finest. The metal glinted in the light. Pippin was a bit more hesitant of the weapon in his hands having not taken the dagger out like Merry did. He wasn't so sure about holding a weapon, much less using one but he knows one day or another he will need it.

Galadriel smiles down at Pippin comfortingly. "Do not fear young Peregrin Took. You will find your courage"

She then turns to Sam. She hands him a long thin slender but strong rope rolled neatly. "And for you Samwise Gamgee, elven rope, made of hithlain"

Sam shyly takes the ropes with both hands and bows his head whispering thanks to her. Few moments later he looks to Merry and Pippin with dagger in their hands. "Uh" the Hobbit hesitates "have you run out of those shiny daggers?" He asks.

Galadriel merely smiles in amusement and moves towards Gimli. The dwarf shifts his weight between his two feet and shuffles nervously under her stare.

"And what gift would a dwarf ask of the elves?" Galadriel asked him.

"Nothing" Gimli replied with his eyes glued to the ground. He slowly raises them to shyly meet Galadriel's gaze. "Except to look upon the Lady of the Galadriel one last time. For she is more fairer than all the jewels beneath the earth"

At this juncture Galadriel gives a fair light chuckle. At Galadriel's  laughter, Gimli looks away in embarrassment with his cheeks tinted red. Felina who heard everything as she stood beside Gimli wore a small smile. Her mother was indeed ethereal and she thought her father must have been one lucky man. She was, in a way, proud to say Galadriel was her mother. She although questions if she even inherited the beauty of her mother as described by Gimli. Felina then goes to help the others who have already started to load the boats and prepare it for the journey.