12

THE next few days they planned, prepared and packed for the long and perilous journey ahead of them. They deeply appreciated the meals and their warms beds knowing that in due time there would be a scarcity of this. The men which would be Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, Boromir, and the Hobbits were in the training room preparing their strength for the journey ahead.

The training room had been divided into 3 areas. The sword fighting area, an archery range, and an area for practicing hand to hand combat. It was a circular, free, open space wide enough for many warriors to train in.

Aragorn and Boromir were teaching the Hobbits some basics in sword fighting giving each of them small daggers suitable for their height. Legolas was practicing at the archery range, no surprise there, and Gimli was practicing with his new axe seeing as he broke the old one. Gandalf watched them from the side smoking his pipe as usual.

"Why are the women coming with us?" Boromir asked, the distaste in his voice imminent. He had said it loud enough for everyone to hear. The Hobbits paused in their practice with the swords, Gimli lowered his axe, and Legolas his bow. Gandalf had his eyes and ears fixed on the moment. All turned to tune in to the conversation.

Aragorn raised an eyebrow at him. "Do you have a problem with women accompanying us in this quest?" He answered Boromir's question with his own question.

"Indeed I do. They would be nothing but mere distractions and burdens. I don't think they know how to use a sword or any weapon. I doubt they could even fight to defend themselves. They would be dead the first few days" he said with a demeaning tone in his voice. He obviously thought little of Lou and Felina because of their gender.

The rest were about to speak in the women's defense when from across the room a flash of silver sailed by like the speed of light. Boromir was shocked to find that the hem of his sleeve was ripped by a sharp two edged throwing dagger and it pinned his sleeve securely to the wall behind him. Only a little more closer and his arm would have been impaled.

Jaw dropped, they looked to find the source of the dagger. From the entrance at the far end of the room, there stood Lou clad in tight pants, boots, and a black dry fit shirt from her world. An outfit perfect for combat training. She had one hand extended, probably the hand she used to throw the dagger, with a smirk adorning her lips. "Another comment like that and you will find that my aim is more accurate than you think it is" a silvery sly tone was in her voice and it was spine chilling.

Another spine chilling voice came up from behind her and Boromir remembered it as the voice of the woman who had enough nerve to scold the council like they were children. "Now, now. Slow down, Lou" Felina said appearing from behind her friend. She also wore the same outfit as Lou. A small smirk adorned her lips showing just how much she was enjoying this.

"Was having just a bit of fun really" Lou reasoned turning a bit sidewards to face her friend.

Felina stepped up. "I know and I'm not stopping you. Just play nice with the other kids" she said with a teasing tone.

Lou rolled her eyes and threw her hands up in the air in mock exasperation. "Fine. Whatever" she stomped up to Boromir and retrieved her dagger.

"If you're doubting our skill so much, then would it suffice for you if we gave a little demonstration?" Felina asked her eyes boring into Boromir's soul. The silver shined in the sunlight and a glimmer of spite and mockery in it. Boromir could only noiselessly nod.

"Alright then. Lou! Come on!" She beckoned with a clap of her hands. The woman mentioned raised an eyebrow and threw her dagger to the side on the ground. "Sword fight?" She asked. Felina shook her head. "Since we do not know how to use weapons" the way she said it was with obvious mockery to what Boromir said. "We would have to fight the old fashioned way. With our bare hands"