3

1 year later

The sunlight shone up and down the peaceful and green hills of the Shire. The sky was blue and the clouds rolled by like pieces of white cotton candy. The birds chirped a marvelous and happy song. The wind blew a cool and gentle breeze in this early morn. You could smell in the fresh air, the flowers that have come to bloom. There were cheerful banter of hobbit children, running around. Hobbits went on with their normal daily lives. Smiling and greeting their neighbors. Buying ingredients of many in the market for their needed seven meals a day. It was a very quiet and peaceful village. Immune and innocent to dangers of the outside world. It was a paradise. A hidden jewel and haven in the corners of Middle Earth.

There was a constant clip clop of the horse as Gandalf, Felina, and Lou rode down the cobble stone road in their little and humble carriage. A few Hobbits stopped and gave them queer looks. They were sticking out like a sore thumb. Not only because of their height, their tall stature towering over the mere 4 foot Hobbits. But also because of the reputation they hold in the Shire. Felina and Lou were wildly known as the ones from a strange and different world that have been magically sent to the Middle Earth since a year ago, the news spread fast as wildfire. And Gandalf's reputation was, well, it wasn't really that glamorous.

Felina sighed at the serenity and peacefulness of the atmosphere with content. She deeply appreciated the difference of it in comparison to the noisy traffic back at their world. She leaned back in her seat and basked in the sunlight. "Thank Valar. After decades of noise in our world I can finally find a bit of peacefulness here" she said, satisfaction in her voice.

Lou turned to her best friend and smiled. "Yeah well, almost a year here and this silence still takes me a lot of getting used to. I'm unfortunately more accustomed to the city noise. I still find all this silence compared to the noise in our world very strange"

Gandalf gave a short huff and turned to the two girls to his left. "I cannot imagine a world with so much noise. What kind of unnecessary noises do you have to make all the time?" He said.

Felina gave a shrug. "It's quite complicated to explain mellon. There are many inventions in our world that make a lot of noise when they are used and there are a good number of people who unlike the majority, work at night so the movements in the streets seems to continue day and night"

Beside Felina, Lou sighed deeply. There was a look of reminiscing on her face. It was a far off look as she gazed up to the sky. "Well noisy or not" Lou says "It was home. And I miss it"

Felina gave a sad smile to her companion and pat her back. After that no words were uttered and they continued on in silence. It's been a year since they've been away from home and their friends. They wondered if everyone was looking for them and thought they were dead or kidnapped by HYDRA.

Just then, they spot a familiar face in a nearby tree. There he sat down, with his dark curls and all leaning against the trunk with his legs crossed in relaxation. They recognized him as Frodo Baggins. Bilbo's nephew. The hobbit disregarded his book and approached them. He made himself appear to be displeased at them though they know he was doing it jokingly, crossing his arms and saying "You're late"

Gandalf huffed playing along and replied "Felina and Lou may be but I am not. A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to"

Felina and Lou share a look and rolled their eyes at what seemed to them a usual and sloppy excuse Gandalf used for being late and his way of saying, "I arrive when I want. BOI"