15

THE next few days were spent on cold and snowy terrains. They went up and down snowy hills and all of them sank in the snow save for Legolas and Felina being extremely lightfooted and all. The air was still and the sun beat down in this cold snow covered tundra and although the sun shined down on them, they felt no comfort of its warmth. No living being save for them could be seen for miles. Everywhere they turn all they see is the chilly white snow beneath their feet.

They were going up yet another mound of snow when Frodo had taken the wrong step, lost his footing, and went tumbling down, giving a shout of surprise. The Fellowship had all turned around at the sound of his cry, Lou ran to him, and Felina was fast enough to stop him from rolling down further with her powers. Lou and Aragorn helped him up and Frodo's hands immediately went to his neck in search for the ring. His eyes widened in panic when he saw it was not there. He was about to search for it, when he saw Boromir pick something up that shined under the sun.

He held the ring up by its chain and gazed at it as if being manipulated by some dark power. The Boromir that they saw teaching the Hobbits how to fight with a sword, the Boromir that they saw play wrestling with them, was long gone. They didn't know who this was now in front of them. This wasn't Boromir. This was a puppet on a string.

"Boromir" Aragorn called out to him, but he was too caught in a daze to be listening. Everyone glanced cautiously to one another knowing very well the effect of the ring on Boromir. He had good intentions but he was taking it too far. Felina was alert and ready to send Boromir flying and Lou had one hand resting on her throwing daggers.

"It is strange fate that we suffer so much fear and doubt, over so small a thing" he said, with his hand reaching for the ring dangling on its chain. "Such a small thing"

"Boromir!" Aragorn called out once more a little sterner this time. Boromir blinks twice and escapes from his daze being pulled back into reality.

"Give the ring to Frodo" Aragorn said in a serious manner. Boromir hesitantly walks over to them and extends the ring to Frodo who immediately grabs it from Boromir's grasp, fearing for the man's sanity.

"As you wish. I care not" Boromir replied with an emotionless chuckle trying to ease the obvious tension in the air. He ruffles Frodo's hair, picks up his shield and goes back to his position. At that moment, Aragorn visibly relaxes with his shoulders sagging down. Lou glances to see he had a tight grip on the handle of his sword all along. She shook her head and sighed to herself.

The Fellowship could barely trust each other. Just earlier, they were ready to harm a member all in the name of protecting Frodo and the ring. How far can this go? If they continue like this, how far can they go? Lou feared that they wouldn't last very long.

Soon they were on the trek up the mountain of Caradhas. Where the air was no longer still, but violent and strong enough to probably blow them off the face of the mountain. The snow was so thick it was suffocating, it was so cold it felt like it was biting their skin. Everyone shivered and more so the Hobbits who had tinier bodies, they were the smallest in stature out of everyone. Their lips were now beginning to turn blue. Boromir and Aragorn had to carry them and provide body warmth for them as well. They sunk deep into the snow but still trudged on.

The only ones who didn't have a problem with that was the elf and half elf. Legolas and Felina, call them lucky if you will, easily walked above the snow being lightfooted as they are. Lou, out of extreme jealousy, glared at them and wished the wind would blow them off. They do not apply to the laws of physics at all! Then again, she's a girl who absorbs high amounts of explosive energy into her body, what even is physics anymore?

Felina occasionally turns back and helps the other not sink into the snow so much with her telekinesis. Having no problem with sinking, it was natural that she and Legolas would be in front of the group now. Felina was helping the others not sink when Legolas said "There is a fell voice in the air"