37

THE next day, they started out early, hoping to reach the keep before the sun fell. The day was just as bland, ordinary, and uneventful as yesterday. They got the villagers to pick up the pace as much as they could with elderly and children. Scouts and patrols were every where making sure the coast was clear. It was all as silent and peaceful as Felina hoped it would be before she and Legolas heard a commotion ahead of them. It sounded like a cry of pain and a sharp screech accompanied by a growl and a roar.

Legolas and Felina ran towards the noise with Aragorn and Lou not too far behind them. Legolas and Felina reached the top of a small hill and on the valley below, saw one of the soldiers on his horse in a sword with an Orc riding a monstrous Warg. He was having a bit of trouble when Felina and Legolas shot down the beast it was riding. The rider falls off of it and Legolas grabs him and slashes his neck with a small dagger.

"A scout!" He shouted back to Aragorn and Lou on top the small hill. The couple were soon out of their line of sight as their figures grew smaller as they ran back to warn the King and the villagers.

"What is it? What do you see?" Theoden called out to the panic stricken pair as they pushed through the crowd and scrambled to get on their horses.

"Warg! We're under attack!"

As soon as Aragorn shouted those words, the citizens of Rohan began to panic in a fear driven frenzy. They cried out in fear and held their loved ones tightly and some scrambled around in confusion and fright. A commotion started amongst them. Theoden began to yell orders to his men and the fighters mounted on their horses.

Aragorn and Lou finally found their horses and unloaded the baggage on it to be more fast and lightweight. They had a servant take care of it. They mounted on their horses and amidst the chaos, all was silenced when they looked into each others eyes.

"Do me a favor. Don't do anything stupid" Lou told him while getting her sword ready.

Aragorn sent her a small smile. "I have a strong feeling it is I who should be saying that to you"

Lou chuckled and they shared a small, sweet but hasty kiss before they rode out with the rest of the fighters. Meanwhile on top of the small hill, Legolas and Felina stood awaiting their company. Sure enough there they were, running in and spreading like ants on the valley. Their Wargs barked viciously and more of them just kept on riding in. Felina and Legolas watched as they grew in number.

Catching them off guard, a black sleek poisoned arrow was sent flying with a twang directly aimed at Legolas. It was stopped midair as Felina grabbed it in her fist just before it could hit the elf in the chest. Legolas looked in shock and sighed in relief at the close call. He didn't want to imagine what would happen if Felina weren't there.

He looked at Felina and saw she was glaring intensely at the arrow and clenched her fist so tight around it that her knuckles went white. She laughed but it wasn't a joyous laugh. It sounded sinister and sly. She released the arrow making it float midair and pointed it toward the direction of the Orc that fired it. In a blink, the Orc was impaled by an arrow through the heart. Felina took out the arrow as it fell dead and nailed it through the Warg's thick skull making it pass through down to its tongue and lower jaw.

"That should teach it" Felina spat. Legolas gulped. Her murderous side had emerged. To be quite honest he could never decide whether to be in awe or to be frightened of this dark shade of Felina. They fired a couple arrows at more Orcs before the riders caught up behind them. With one arm, Legolas swung himself up to his horse which Gimli was also riding on. Felina merely floated onto her horse. Laws of physics? What's that to them?

They rode out hard and fast to meet their foe. They crashed into one another and upon impact, some Wargs and their riders were trampled by horses and some horses and their riders were pounced on by Wargs. Those close enough to each other engaged in a swordfight while mounted on their animals. Some threw spears at the Wargs and made their riders fall and get trampled in the stampede of horses.