21

GALADRIEL was right when she said Felina wouldn't be awake until late afternoon. In fact she hasn't woken up for a day now. Felina hasn't been seen by anyone of the Fellowship nor by Galadriel, Celeborn, or the guards being stuck in her room in a peaceful long rest. The Fellowship had taken their time in Lothlorien to rest and to grieve. Legolas was kept in a healing tent not so far away from where the others were staying. They all ate lunch together, including Lou and they wondered where the half elf was.

"Where's Princess Felina? We haven't seen her for almost two nights" Pippin asked looking around and up on the higher branches in hopes of seeing her.

"She's probably sleeping in the palace Pip. That is where she lives after all" Lou answered.

"The lass is still asleep until now?!" Gimli incredously asked.

Lou nodded nonchalantly picking on her food. "She has a bad habit of oversleeping too much. I think she's also very tired from her fight with the Balrog. It also doesn't help that the Balrog is full of darkness. I can tell shes probably knocked out by now"

"Will she be alright?" Legolas asked in concern.

Lou nodded. "She'll be just fine. Don't worry"

Legolas looked up the branches to where the palace was, standing in all its glory, and hoped Felina was okay. Last he saw her, she was going to have a conversation with her mother. He wondered what they talked about and how it went.

After lunch, Legolas returned to the healing tent to rest some more as he was advised. He lied down staring at the roof of the tent finding himself unable to sleep. He felt much better now and much stronger. The poison had been completely removed from his body with good sleep and medical care. The healers said it was good that the wound had been tended to before they arrived in Lothlorien or else the poison may have reached his heart. Felina was right. He sighed heavily as he lay in bed. The healer told him he should be lying down and resting the whole day but he saw no point in having to immobilize himself. He got up and went for a walk around Lothlorien. It was more lively than when they have arrived at night.

Guards were patrolling everywhere ensuring the safety and peace. There were archers and swordsmen on the training field being trained by Haldir. Elves went about with their daily lives bustling up and down the spiral staircase. The sun shone brightly through the branches of the great giant tree they lived in giving a golden glow as opposed to the silvery glow at night.

He spotted children playing, little elleths and ellons chasing each other while laughing joyfully and shouting  teases at each other and playfully shoving each other around as they ran and leapt in the air.

Amidst them was a woman who wore a blue and white dress. It had white long sleeves and was also white in the middle but was dark blue at the sides and at the back. She wore an intricate silver circlet with a moon stone in the middle. Her beautiful wavy golden hair danced along with the gentle breeze.

She laughed and played with them as if she was their age. She even picked one young elleth up and spun her round and round making the child giggle uncontrollably. The children's mothers who were watching by the side couldn't help but smile at the sight and neither could Legolas. Sensing someone staring at her, the blonde's metallic silver grey eyes look up and meet Legolas' icy blue eyes.

She shot him a wide smile and Legolas smiled back. He made his way over to Felina and the children. They were currently play fighting and wrestling and trying to pin each other down. Legolas took note that even though bigger than the children and a trained assassin, Felina was gentle and careful with her movements when it came to the kids. How she made a bridge between stone cold assassin and a gentle princess playing with children, Legolas still couldn't comprehend. She took it easy on them and let them tackle her to the ground in a not so graceful manner. This made Legolas laugh out loud.