13

EVERYONE was gathered at the gate of Rivendelle ready for departure. The Fellowship was fully packed with heavy bags and all that they need. None were complaining by the weight of their burdens. The heavier the bags, meaning the more resources they had. Lord Elrond, Arwen, and the rest of the Elves were there to see them off. It was a quiet, peaceful, and solemn day.

Aragorn was in his usual ranger clothes, Legolas, Gimli, and Boromir were clad in the lightweight armor of their kingdoms, the Hobbits were in their traveling clothes, and Gandalf wore his signature gray cloak.

Lou and Felina stood out like a sore thumb dressed in their old SHIELD operative suits with matching black cloaks that Lord Elrond had given them in case they travel to cold places. It was black and skintight with many pockets good for storing weapons and other trinkets. Felina even had a certain hook at the back of her outfit in which she can place her bow so she didn't need to carry it all the time. Of course they also carried along their new Elvish swords with them and small knives of different kinds and daggers.

They also secretly hid their guns which had been well preserved in those secret pockets located at their back. Lou was able to make more bullets seemingly out of thin air. She was a Stark after all. They agreed they were going to use the gun just in case of emergency.

"The ring bearer is setting out on the quest of Mount Doom. And you who travel with him, no oath nor bond is laid to go further than you will. Farewell and hold to your purpose. May the blessing of Elves, and Men, and all free folk go with you" said Lord Elrond extending a hand to them. A common elvish gesture, almost equivalent to waving or shaking hands.

This gesture was returned by Legolas, Aragorn, including Felina and Lou who had lived with Elves long enough to learn their customs.

"The Fellowship awaits the Ring bearer" Gandalf says. At that, Frodo hesitantly spun around and went to walk at the front. He seemed to be second guessing whether he really wanted to do this or not. He was scared. He had never done anything like this in his entire life. All he knew was the borders of the Shire, now he was beyond those borders and is about to travel across Middle Earth and he doesn't know if he could come back alive and if he does, he knew it would never be the same.

Swallowing all fear, hesitation, and doubt he took the first step forward out of Rivendelle with the other's following closely behind him. Something was very ceremonial and solemn about the moment. The Fate of Middle Earth was in their hands. The Fate of Middle Earth solely depended on how this quest would go. And one thing's for sure. Not everyone would come back alive or the same as before.

They walked through rocky terrains and thick tree forests and over hills and mountains in silence. So far, no one made any conversation, all thinking deeply to themselves, probably anxious about how this mission would go. There was little chatter amongst the Hobbits but that was mostly it.

Gandalf, Gimli, and Legolas walked in front. Following closely behind them were the Hobbits who were also dragging along the one horse they had which burdened many of their possessions. At the very back of the group was Felina, Lou, Aragorn, and Boromir.

They continued to walk for hours until Rivendelle was completely out of sight and it was dark. Soon they had decided to camp in a nearby small cave, big enough to house all of the fellowship.  The cave's opening was large enough to let the light of the moon shine through and it was safe behind the cover of trees.

They all sat down and almost immediately the Hobbits pulled out their cooking equipment, made a fire, and started to make a meal. They were starving! Going on this journey, they had to adapt to only 3 meals a day. And that was 3 meals too little for Hobbits so whenever they could eat, they eat as much as they could. They hoped they would someday get used to it.