11

LATER that afternoon...

Felina and Lou were dressed in formal elvish dresses that were deemed suitable for the occasion. They walked into the council room all eyes boring into them but they simply shrugged it off. It was new to most of the council members to see women included when they usually were not, in Middle Earth. Felina and Lou sat beside each other. Beside Lou was Gandalf then Frodo then beside Felina was Legolas and his line of elves that accompanied him to the council meeting.

They were all quietly chattering amongst themselves. There were the race of men, elves, and dwarves complete in one room. They sat in a circle with a sort of center piece boulder in the middle. The council room was in the isolated part of Rivendelle covered with thick branches of trees and the cover of walls and many bushes but not too much that the sun couldn't shine through. Perfect for secret meeting such as this.

"God I really hope this won't turn out like those horrid security council meetings at SHIELD" Lou groaned. "Its just one whole gathering of egos rubbing each other off the wrong way. Well we are in a different world, I'm willing to bet they are nothing like that"

Felina spared her friend a glance and whispered "Don't jinx it"

"Strangers from distant lands. Friends of old" Elrond began and the chatter died down. "You are summoned here today to answer the threat of Mordor. Middle Earth stands upon the brink of destruction. None can escape it. You will unite or you will fall. Each race is bound to this fate, this one doom" he extends his hand. "Bring forth the ring Frodo"

Frodo ceremonially stood up and slowly walked to the center and placed the ring upon the boulder. He sat backed down sighing heavily as if he had just removed a heavy burden from his chest. Even though he had fully slept, the Hobbit looked very weary and stressed mentally.

The ring glistened in the sun, shining like a golden temptation. There was an eerie aura in the air and something just felt terribly wrong. For once, Rivendelle, which was a haven, felt unsafe. No one knew if they were just imagining it but they were so sure they could hear whispers. Voices in the air. As if they were the souls of the poor people that suffered from its great power.

All looked to it with narrowed eyes and suspicion. With a certain amount of uncomfortability. Especially the Elves. Some of them shuddered just by looking at the ring itself. Everyone thought ill of it. All except one.

"So it is true" Boromir gasped in shock. Gandalf stared at him with narrowed eyes watching his every move. The man seemed very intrigued about the ring. More curious than fearful. Which wasn't a good sign. He stood up.

"In a dream" he said. "I saw the eastern sky grow dark. But in the west a pale light lingered. A voice was crying 'Your doom is near at hand. Isildur's bane is found'"

They watched at he inched closer and closer to the ring. None saying a word. Felina and Lou shared a look. Lou had her hand ready at her dagger which she hid under her skirt and Felina had her right palm open in front of her ready to use her telekinesis should anything go wrong. The man started to reach out to the ring and in a hypnotized manner repeated "Isildur's bane"

His fingers were about to touch it when Gandalf wasted no time. He shot up from his seat and uttered words in Black Speech. The ground shook, the sun dimmed as if it were no longer shining, the birds stopped chirping, and the air was still. Everyone could feel the blanket of evil surrounding them. Gandalf's voice seemed to be deeper and bigger than his usual. It didn't sound like him at all. Every race felt uncomfortable at the uttered words. The men broke into a nervous sweat. The dwarves muttered incoherently to each other in alarm and many of the Elves shut their eyes and winced. Some even covered their ears.