38

LOU hasn't spoken a single word since their arrival at Helms Deep. She was uncharacteristically nonverbal. She kept her head down and covered her face with her hair. Other people kept their distance from her as it was pretty obvious she was in a foul mood. She immediately went to her assigned room and plopped down on the bed and buried face into a pillow. Her hands were now cold and discolored purple from the cuts she got from the rocks.

She no longer cried, having finished her tears all on the way to the keep. As of the moment, she was just wasting away through time. Felina entered their shared room and sighed seeing Lou lying down at her bed. She noticed the white bed sheets tainted with blood and saw Lou's bleeding palm. She sat at the side of Lou's bed.

"Lou we have to take care of your hand. Its going to get infected" she tried to reason with her. But the Stark didn't move one inch. "Lou" Felina called her trying to get her to listen. "Lou" Felina called once more. She finally grabbed Lou's wrist and that's when the Stark snapped. Lou grabbed her hand away from Felina and glared at the blonde.

"Leave me alone!" She exclaimed sitting up in bed and facing away from Felina. "As if you care!"

Felina frowned. "Excuse me?"

"You heard me!"

"Yes I did. I have excellent hearing but what do you mean?" Felina sassed back at Lou. She could only wonder where this was coming from. She did nothing.

"Oh please!" Lou spat facing her. "You don't care! You're going to say something like how romance is stupid and list off several reasons why I shouldn't have courted him in the first place to save me the pain!"

Felina was dumbfounded. She stared at Lou in shock and suddenly blinked twice and glared at her best friend. Felina stood up. "How dare you Lou Stark! I do care! You're my best friend for Petes sake. One of the people I trust with my life. Yes romance is stupid! I think it is the stupidest thing to ever even exist. But I see how that stupidity made you happy. I've never seen you happier, not even with your past relationships. You smiled and you laughed a lot more than I see you usually do and its all from romance" Felina ranted.

"I see now that those smiles for you are worth the pain you feel now and I would never belittle your feelings in a time like this! So how dare you say I don't care because that's all I've been doing ever since!" She ranted angrily.

Lou who now looked to the ground in sadness and shame. She wouldn't face Felina. She collapsed onto the bed. "Just leave me alone Felina"

Felina sighed and stormed out giving up and deciding to give Lou time to herself. She needed to process her feelings and thoughts which Felina could tell was a mess by now. She walked around the fortress of Helms Deep and passed by people who were settling down and unpacking. They seemed a bit familiar with the place as it was almost a second home to them.

Helms Deep was built by a mountainside and had many watch towers and a tall strong wall. The main tower had three watch towers and walkways that connect it and another two walkways that connect it to the wall. The wall had two watch towers by its walkway where archers can station themselves in.

Felina strolled by the walkway by the wall and no one minded her. She looked at the view of vast valleys and plains. A breeze whistled past her and she sighed. There was something wrong. Something big was about to happen. She could feel it. She passed by one watchtower and saw Legolas inside looking out onto the plains and thinking deeply. She sat on the chair  beside him.

"Felina" he gave her a queer look. "I thought you were taking care of Lou"

Felina shrugged. "Well according to her I don't care therefore I don't care"