33

IT was the day of Theodred's funeral. Lou and Felina were in their shared room preparing themselves for the burial that was about to take place. Lou wore a long sleeve black dress with a sweetheart neckline and an A-line waist silver belt. It also had silver lining accents on the neckline and at the end of the sleeves. She had her hair in a braided bun with her bangs sweeping across her face. Felina also wore a simple black dress that was off shoulder with long winged sleeves and a straight neckline. She also wore a black cape with no hood and a small white opal gem as a clasp. She had her hair in a simple French braid and wore her circlet from Lothlorien.

The burial was held just outside the city walls where the tombs of the royal family were. There were already a few there, covered in small and dainty white flowers with the grass well kept as to not grow over the tombs. The sun was almost setting when they held the ceremony. The crowd was composed of the citizens of Rohan, the guards, Theoden, Eowyn, Gandalf, and a small part of what is left of the Fellowship. The people bowed their heads low in respect for the dead.

The people mourned as Theodred's dead body was carried to the tomb as the soldier marched solemnly. As they laid his body to rest. Eowyn and the other women of Rohan burst into a song of lament which neither Felina nor Lou knew or understood the words to. But they didn't need to understand the words to feel the emotional torment the song had behind it. Eowyn tried her best to continue singing despite the tears falling violently down her face. The valleys of Edoras were filled with great mourning and sorrow.

He was so young. Still had many plans for his life. His days on earth ended so abruptly. Some would say his death was untimely but death comes just right on time. Not too early nor too late. His hour had come and the living had not been prepared to say good bye. Most especially the father, King Theoden. His heir was gone. He had been caught deep in a spell and when he woke up from it, his son was no longer there. How he wished there had been more time. A chance to say goodbye. He stared at his son's dead body. He looked so peaceful. The King burst into tears.

Soon the people dissipated and went back to their homes. Lou and Aragorn were one of the last to leave. They walked hand in hand back into the safety of the walls of the city. Aragorn noticed that his lover had been awfully quiet. Too quiet for it to be normal and she seemed deep into her thoughts.

"Lou?" He called out to her grasping her hand tightly. Lou grasps his hand back just as tight. Her gaze remained on the ground as they continued on their way.

"Hmm?" She merely hummed in reply. Aragorn gave a small frown at this. It was very unlike her indeed.

"You have been awfully silent. Is something the matter?" He asked in concern.

Lou sighs and shakes her head. "Nothing its just... There's been so much death all through out this entire quest. It comes so unexpected too. I can't help but think about what Felina said. It could be anyone of us next"

"You don't need to worry melamin. I will be here to protect you" Aragorn replied. Lou shook her head. "It's not me I'm worried about. I could care less if I die. I'm worried about you" she said looking into his eyes.

They stopped in their tracks and Aragorn held her cheeks in his hand. Lou rested her head on his chest and sighed deeply. "It's just...." She paused. "I already lost my mom and my dad. I don't want to lose you either"

Aragorn embraced her tightly wrapping his arms around her as she wrapped her arms around his torso. "You won't lose me melamin. I promise"

Lou scoffed. "Ironically, that's what they all say before they do die in like every romance novel ever"

"There's no guarantee I won't be gone physically. One way or another, death will soon come to us when it is our time. But I can promise you that through your memories, I will always be there with you in your heart as you will always be in mine"