16

"WE now have but one choice. We must face the long dark of Moria" Gandalf said lighting his staff and making his way to the front of the group. "Be on your guard" he warned. "There are older and fouled things than orcs in the dark places of the world"

They began their walk in the dark being careful not to stumble or bump into each other. Felina and Lou pulled out their small flashlights from their suits. Fortunately for them, it still had battery. Aragorn was carrying a lit torch. Their eyes were taking time to adjust to their pitch black surroundings. With the few lights they have, they could only see what's a few feet ahead of them. What is beyond out in the darkness, remains a mystery. The group walked closer to each other as a protocol to not lose anyone, it would be difficult to find them.

"Quietly now" Gandalf whispered. "There's a four day journey to the other side. Let us hope that our presence may go unnoticed"

They walked through the dark. There was no air yet the temperature was cool, since they were underground, there no heat of the sun. The path they walked on was rocky and hard. No sound was heard but the occasional shuffling of their footsteps and their breathing. Soon, they came across a mining area. The place looked deserted and abandoned. Not to mention damaged and disheveled.

There was a series of pulley systems and ladders used by the Dwarves to go up and down from their mines and to transport whatever it was they were mining. Gandalf focused his light on the raw stone walls of this section. Upon the dark rock, were distinct silver linings embedded into it. It branched out and looked like it could go on forever.

"The wealth of Moria was not in gold, or jewels. But in Mithril" Gandalf said. He shined a light down on the Mines below and there were more of the silver linings that shined brilliantly and elegantly. They all stared at it in awe and wonder. Merry might have fallen in if it weren't for Pippin pulling him back. There were lots and lots of mithril. The dwarves have barely even scratched the surface, and they have been here for decades and more.

They continued to walk on. "Bilbo had a shirt of mithril rings that Thorin gave to him" Gandalf said.

"Oh yes that was a kingly gift" Gimli replied remembering the stories he heard from their adventures.

"I never told him but its worth is more than the valley of the Shire"

At Gandalf's words, the Hobbits eyes widened and they shared glances. A shirt was worth more than their entire home? How valuable is it exactly? And how rare?

As if to answer their unspoken questions, Lou said "Well it is quite rare and very versatile. It is as light as a feather yet as strong as Dragon scales. To be honest, it kind of reminds me of...."

"Vibranium?" Felina finished for her. She didn't need telepathy to do that. She was thinking the same thing since she had even heard of mithril.

Lou nodded pointing a finger at Felina. "Exactly"

"And what is this vibranium of yours?" Gimli asked curious to have something compared to mithril.

"Well in our world, vibranium is the rarest and strongest metal. Very hard to find. It is also very valuable and versatile" Lou explained. "Captain has a shield made out of it. That was the most we could find so far"

They began to climb up broken and shattered stairs but it was still stairs all the same. They were slippery for some odd reason and Pippin was about to tumble down when Merry who was beside him and Felina who was behind him, caught him.

"Pippin!" Merry hissed. Felina lightly sighed in relief. "Try to be a bit more careful okay Pip?" She said. The Took just nodded in response. They finally arrive to the top of the stairs to see multiple dark passages leading to different routes.