8

THEY continued on their trail as fast as they could with heavy load and one horse. Felina had done the liberty to carry all their necessities with her telekenesis making them suspend in the air. Frodo laid limp on the horse getting paler and weaker every minute barely holding on. They've said words to encourage him constantly but he was fading fast.

They jogged hastily day and night. There was no time to waste. Frodo was knocking on death's doorstep. Lou's head was doing no better. She's positive it has an infection now. She crappily wrapped a cloth around her head to keep pressure on it and stop it from bleeding but it seemed to be doing more harm than good. Her head thumped and thumped every breath and every little move she made. Still she trudged on like a strong warrior knowing she had survived the wound of bullets and being stabbed by the sharpest knives mutiple times. This couldn't be anything she can't handle.

They tread on the forest path. Their bodies feeling heavy, their breaths becoming more ragged. Strider took the lead up front and Felina stayed at the back to make sure no one lagged behind. She spares Lou a worried look. The Stark notices it and shakes her head at the blonde but them immediately regrets it for the bolt of pain that resonated in her brain. She winced slightly and put a hand on her forehead.

"I really think you should clean that wound Lou. It doesn't look so good" Felina said worriedly.

"And I think we shouldn't waste any time. Let's get a move on now" Lou snapped back, the pain in her head adding to the irritation.

Felina was about to protest when Frodo let out a groan of pain. Strider immediately stops the horse in an abrupt motion and gently sets the frail Hobbit on the ground. They crowded around him but Strider said to give him a little space to breathe. Felina went by his side and placed a hand on his forehead to feel it was cold as death.

Felina grimaced. "He's icy cold and fading fast"

"Can you do anything?" Sam worriedly asks.

The half-elf then sighs. "I can do a few spells but I don't know for how much longer I can hold him" she then turns to Strider. "We need athelas. I'm sure you could find some quick" she said in an urged manner.

Strider nodded and wastes no time. He runs off leaving the four Hobbits and two women behind. Felina whispered words of Elvish to Frodo and it calms him down a bit but he continues to cry in pain. She searches her mind for any and every Elvish and non-Elvish spell she might know. In the past year she had gotten Elvish hands down thanks to her half-elf.

The four Hobbits shuffle about helpless not knowing what to do. This was beyond their knowledge and experience. From all their years in the Shire, they haven't experienced anything like it.

Lou sits down, suddenly feeling dizzy. The pain in her head has become worse. She ran and ran with it for 3 days now. Every little thing she did felt like it was making a crack on her skull. Even blinking was pretty bad. She felt like her brain was being squeezed down by the Hulk.

She gives a little groan of pain but immediately muffles it by putting a hand on her mouth. She didnt want them to worry for her. Frodo was going through worse. They had to focus on him. She may only suffer from concussion. Frodo was falling into the pit of death. They could hardly pull him back up.

Suddenly Strider comes back with athelas in his hand and an elleth. She had pale skin, and chocolate wavy hair and light blue eyes. In the darkess, she glowed like an angel under the dim moonlight. She was a figure of beauty and grace. Felina and Lou recognize her as the elleth had visited Lothorien once.

"Arwen" Felina said merely nodding to her in greeting. She sighed promptly. "I'm glad you could come to help"

"You couldn't have come earlier though?" Lou lightly teased. Her head hurt like hell and she was doing what every Stark knew best. Using humor to cope.