14

LEGOLAS was assigned first watch and Aragorn second watch, Lou and Felina were assigned as the third and last watch, the ones to guard until the sun rose up.

Even if their watch wasn't starting yet, Felina kept awake sitting at the mouth of the cave across from Legolas. Her mind was too busy and scattered, there was no way she could sleep. She had insomnia and if she is in an unfamiliar place surrounded by unfamiliar people, it gets worse. Gandalf, who was still awake as well, frowned in concern. He went over to her.

"Felina would you like me to cast a spell for your sleep?" He offered. That was usually the solution for her insomnia. Gandalf's spells. Lou had made more sleeping pills for her out of scrap when she ran out of them, but they were not that effective. She would still find herself waking up in the middle of the night. Felina smiled to him in gratitude and shook her head. "No thank you Gandalf. I would like to stay awake for the entire evening. I will be alright"

Gandalf hesitantly nodded and went back to his corner to get some sleep. Legolas gave Felina a queer look. Why wasn't she sleeping? He wondered. He thought of asking her but he knew she would only answer vaguely once more. Still, he thought it might be worth a shot.

"Why won't you sleep Felina?" he asked.

Felina gave him one glance and looked away. "Its just an old habit of mine"

Legolas sighed internally. What did he expect? Of course she would answer vaguely again. He knew she still didn't fully trust him despite Gandalf saying he was trustworthy.

"You must rest. We have a long journey ahead, you'll need your strength" he said. But Felina was stubborn and shook her head.

"I will be alright. This isn't anything new. Now focus on your watch" she replied. That also signified that their conversation was over since Felina placed her earphones in her ears and began to listen to music, blocking out her surroundings. Legolas didn't know what those earphones were but he understood it meant she wanted to be left alone.

He stared at her from the corner of his eye because he knew if he stared on, she would catch him. Her golden hair was wavy unlike most elves that had straight hair. She kept it in a neat bun. Not one strand out of place. Her pinkish lips pouted and her silver eyes and fair skin eerily glowed under the moonlight and contrasted against the black skin tight suit she wore. She was an image of such grace and elegance and he wondered how she can actually be so cruel and violent but that just seemed to heighten his attraction.

Somehow, by staring at her like this, he ended up thinking back to when he walked in on her in the bathroom. The image was stuck to his head. Of course he had seen nothing, but he sure did see her long pristine legs floating in the crystal clear water. The bubbles adorning her skin like pearls. He saw her thin yet strong arms. He saw her well defined abdomen, hardened from training, a distinctive V-line sculpting it. He saw her tempting curves and her wide hips and could feel it almost teasing him.

When the Prince of Mirkwood realized where his thoughts had led to he shook his head violently attempting to get them out of his mind. It was utterly inappropriate! He could feel his cheeks and neck burning up in embarrassment and shame for his thoughts. He covered his face and groaned. He shouldn't have thoughts like that. He shouldn't. It was all wrong.

He glanced at Felina and saw her staring at him. He figured he got her attention because of his outward reaction to his thoughts. Legolas swore he could see a hint of concern in her eyes but it was gone as soon at it came, replaced by the usual stoic and monotone look. When their eyes met, he felt even more embarrassed of himself so he looked away and tried to focus on keeping guard. He prayed that she didn't see inside his thoughts or else he knew he wouldn't see the morning.