27

LOU didn't waste any time and shot down the first of them that came too close for comfort. The bang resounded and echoed against the silence of the forest. From where Felina was, she could hear the gunshot loud and clear. She stopped in her tracks and looked behind her to where the sound came from. Legolas and Gimli stopped in their tracks as well, and by reflex slightly ducked down at the sound.

"What was that?" Legolas said looking to Felina.

"Perhaps it was just thunder" Gimli said being unfamiliar with the weapon. But that argument made no sense since there were no thunder clouds about and the sky was bright as day.

"No it wasnt. That's the sound of a gun. A weapon from my world. Only Lou and I have that kind of weapon in Middle Earth. We agreed to only use it for emergencies. She and Aragorn are in trouble!"

Without another word, Felina ran towards where the gunshot sound came from and quickened her pace as she heard atleast 2 or 3 more shots fired. Legolas and Gimli quickly follow after her.

Meanwhile with Lou and Aragorn, the monster fell dead on the spot and Aragorn, not used to the sound of gun fire flinched slightly and heard a ringing in his ears at the loud sound. Another of them advanced and swung its sword at him that Aragorn quickly dodged and counter attacked with his own sword. The fight had begun. Lou put away her gun after firing two more shots then decided to save bullets and pulled out her sword slaying down their enemies alongside Aragorn. They fought back to back and took down the Uruk-hai one at a time. They made sure to watch out for any that came too close to them. During the fight, they had made their way up the flight of stairs nonstop fighting with their foes that followed them. Aragorn strikes them down with the stroke of his sword and Lou  sent one strong kick making one fall down and like a domino effect taking its comrades with it. They made their way to the top where they continued to fight.

They then heard a shout "Find the halfling! FIND THE HALFLING!"

The Uruk dispersed and left Aragorn and Lou alone not really caring about them. They weren't the mission. Frodo was. They ran back down the stairs and Lou threw her daggers at them, each one hitting its mark. Aragorn jumped down after them knocking out an Uruk in the process and Lou followed after him. She landed on her feet and sliced clean off the head of one Uruk but Aragorn took a less softer landing. He tumbled with the Uruk he fell on and stabbed the foul creature. One advanced at him and towered over him about to gain victory when Lou stabbed it from the back. It fell dead on Aragorn who shoved its corpse off. Lou helped him stand up lending him a hand.

Arrows fly by and arrows not of Uruks or Orcs but Elves. Legolas, Felina and Gimli emerge. Legolas and Felina fire arrows and Gimli struck down their enemies with his axe. Lou and Aragorn continue to take them down with their swords.

Aragorn grabbed an Uruk by its collar, kneed it in the stomach and brought its face to be met by a column wall. Another Orc advances and their blades collide, Aragorn takes it down in a matter of seconds. He spots one Uruk from afar getting too close to Lou, he takes a throwing dagger she had somehow dropped on the ground and hit the Uruk square in the head. Lou turned to find the dead foe.

"You're welcome" Aragorn mouthed to her. Despite all the chaos, Lou found the will to smile and shake her head. She then swung her  sword at an Uruk, taking it down then grabbed another by its neck and throwing it to the ground with her strength, then stabbing it in the back.

Gimli hacked away at the Uruks with his axe and he wasn't to be underestimated because of his short stature. He was quite fierce with his weapon of choice and made foes even taller than him tumble down in one mighty swing.

Legolas took out an arrow and stabbed an Uruk in the eye when it came to close, loaded the arrow and fired it at another Uruk. He then hangs his bow to his back and takes  out his daggers, twirling them in his hands and slashing the throats of Uruks. Legolas fired arrows in a frenzy taking down 7 in like 5 seconds. He saw one advancing towards Aragorn and shot it down. Aragorn sent the elf a thankful nod.