19

THE Fellowship began their descent down the valley with heavy hearts. No one dared say anything or strike a conversation. Each wrapped in too much grief or trapped in their own thoughts. They ran and ran with Aragorn now in the lead following him wherever he went. The sun was starting to grow dim and they had a bit of time before night came. Aragorn urged them to hurry.

Legolas fought against the sharp stinging sensation in his shoulder, it was painful and disorienting. He could feel the poison weakening him working its way around his body every minute, yet he said nothing. They had to move fast. They had to get to Lothlorien. So he bit down the pain and trudged on. He was starting to drip in cold sweat and he could feel himself getting sicker every passing moment. Still he carried on.

They soon arrived upon a river and everyone went to refill their flasks and take a short breather before they would start running again. This is when Felina notices something is wrong with Legolas. He sits down panting heavily. Felina squinted her eyes at this. Legolas was a full elf. He wasn't even breaking a sweat when they were running in the mines. Now he was perspiring and practically choking on nothing to catch his breath. Felina knew, something was wrong. That's when she widened her eyes.

The poisoned arrow. Legolas was shot. In so much hassle and focus on the loss of Gandalf everyone seemed to have forgotten about it. Felina goes over to Legolas carrying her black leather sling pack that she usually levitated behind her but her mind was too drained from the fight with the Balrog to do that now. She sits down beside the elf saying "Unbotton your shirt" in monotone. It was evident that her voice was hoarse and tired but shouting.

Legolas' eyes widened at her. "What" he gasped in shock. Felina opened her pack to look for the first aid kit. "What I meant was unbutton your shirt so I can tend to your wound" she replied messing up and fumbling around the contents of her disorganized bag. She finally finds the first aid kit and pulls it out from her bag. Legolas shook his head, "No" he said. "We will tend to it in Lothlorien, we need to move now" he goes to stand up but Felina shoves him back down.

"We don't tend to it right now, you won't make it to Lothlorien" she snapped with her voice clipped giving him a small glare. But the next moment, her glare softens and her voice becomes mellow. "We already lost Gandalf, we can't lose someone else"

Legolas then sighed and nodded at her. Felina turns back to tell Aragorn "Aragorn! I need five minutes! Legolas is wounded" to which the Ranger replies with a mere nod. Felina turns back to Legolas who was now beginning to unbutton his shirt and has removed his vest.

Legolas saw Felina merely stare at him blankly with the usual "I have no emotions" face on but he saw her eyes said differently. Her eyes looked conflicted and distracted, and almost reflected the million thoughts going on in her head as of the moment. A lot of things were going on and she didn't know how to organize her messed up thoughts or what to feel so she chooses to portray she feels nothing at all.

He was at the middle button when Felina places her hand on his. "Right there's fine. Your wound is at your shoulder anyway" she says. She slides down the part of the shirt covering Legolas shoulder and sees an arrow puncture wound with the skin around it turning slightly black and blue. She takes a piece of clean cloth and dips it in the river. She squeezes the cloth making it slightly damp and as gently as possible pats it over Legolas' wound to clean it. Legolas slightly winces, a small hiss escaping his lips. Felina stops short and their eyes meet. Legolas nodded at her to say its alright.

Felina puts her other hand on his shoulder, caressing the skin a bit away from the wound for comfort and continued to clean his wound. Legolas slightly relaxes and eases the tension from his body at her soft touch. For a moment, neither of them said anything enjoying complete silence.