23

MORNING came and so did the hangover. Usually Lou would love the feeling of the warm sun on her face but now it was just a blazing hot white light glaring down on her threatening to make her blind. It didn't help the pounding headache either. Her throat and mouth was drier than a desert. She groaned and swallowed the non-existent saliva there. Everything seemed so bright as if on halo effect and nothing was clear. It all looked blurry to her. It took her a few moments to clear her vision.

She went to stand up and close the blinds when she felt something wrapped securely around her waist pulling her closer. She frowned even more than she was and looked down confused. Her eyes widened when she found it was someone's arm. She slightly panicked confused as to who this was and what happened last night. She normally remembers what happened the night before after getting wasted but that Elvish wine was something else. She knew she drank a ton of it too. She turned her head to glance behind her and her eyes officially became wide saucers. It was Aragorn sleeping peacefully beside her.

The shock factor that he was in the same bed as her, embracing her, when she was inappropriately dressed according to Middle Earth standard was enough to make her sky rocket out of bed with a startled "HOLY SH-"

She was unable to finish her sentence because she landed on the ground butt first and let out a cry of pain upon impact. Talk about waking up to the wrong side of the bed. At the sound of her alarmed shout and feeling that she was no longer in his arms, Aragorn immediately shot up in bed and went over to the edge where she fell to check up on her.

There Lou was wincing and rubbing her butt in pain running a hand through her hair. Aragorn looks at her with concern. "Are you alright?" He asks her. He held back a laugh knowing she would forget in the morning. She looked utterly clueless and lost, not to mention panicked.

Lou looks up at Aragorn, seeing him awake, she pulls her robe around her wrapping it closed covering the amount of her cleavage that was showing. Her face became as red as the tips of her dyed hair. She was so embarassed he had to see her like this. She could only imagine how she was last night. What did she say? What did she do? Better yet, what did they do? Lou is relieved to see that Aragorn was atleast still fully dressed. Still she had to ask. Just to be sure.

"Uh did we---" she paused taking a deep breath feeling utterly ashamed of whatever event may have happened last night. Sure she liked Aragorn, loved him even but she didn't want to do that with him in this kind of way. She lowered her eyes not being able to look at him anymore in humiliation.

"Did we---" she paused surprised that her voice became high pitch and raised several octaves and cracked at the end. She cleared her throat. "Did we um....."

She couldn't get the words out. Believe it or not she's never been in a situation like this before. Her Dad Tony was always protective and he was pretty hypocritical in that way. Lou didn't really complain about that though. She never wanted to be in this type of situation in the first place.

"Did we what Lou?" Aragorn asked her trying to keep his chuckles silent. It was really amusing to see her like this. Lou remains oblivious to the obvious grin on Aragorn's face seeing as she looked everywhere but him.

"Didwedothethingmarriedcouplesdoattheirhoneymoonandsomehowmanagetohaveourclothesbackon?" Lou said in a rush that her tongue could've been caught in a twist. This is where Aragorn couldn't help it anymore and a big laugh escaped him. This made Lou glare at the Ranger, all her shyness suddenly vanished into nothing. She didn't find this amusing at all.

Upon seeing grimace, Aragorn then simmered down but made no effort to hide the smile on his face. "I am sorry Lou but I cannot understand you if you speak like that"