22

AFTER all the commotion at dinner, the Fellowship made their way back to where they were staying. They all thanked the couple for the meal and retired to their sleeping quarters. Their sleeping quarters were sort of an open close area. They had beds carved into the strong middle trunk and comfortable mattresses by the stable wood works of the tree. It was like a camp. They all slept near each other finding comfort in each other's familiar presence. When they were all getting ready to rest, Aragorn noticed Lou wasn't there in her resting spot near the Hobbits. He turned to Legolas by his right to ask where she was. He had only opened his mouth when Legolas answered, "She is probably in her room at the palace"

Aragorn's eyebrows scrunched up in a frown. "How do you know what I was going to ask mellon?" He asked. "From what I know, you are not a telepath like Felina or Lady Galadriel"

Legolas gave a small smirk. "I do not need such mental abilities to know the desires of your heart my friend. I see the way you gaze upon the Lady Lou"

Aragorn's breath hitched in his throat. He didn't mean to be so painfully obvious. But the next moment, his embarrassed face turns into one of knowing like Legolas'.

"Neither do I to know the deep desires of yours mellon" Aragorn jests yet he kept a straight face. The playful tone with brilliantly tangled into his voice. "Do not think no one has noticed the friendly embrace between you and the princess of Lothlorien"

Legolas did not even deny it. A light tint of pink dusted the ellons cheeks. "That was nothing. We are merely good companions. Felina seeks no romantic bond"

"What do you seek?" Aragorn replied with a knowing tone. Legolas glances at him in melancholy and sighs deeply, almost in despair.

"I have her trust. That is enough..." The Prince of Mirkwood paused. "For now" Legolas then turns to Aragorn. "But you mellonin, whom you seek is right there in that palace within the reach of your fingertips. Go to her now and win her affections before someone else does"

Legolas placed an encouraging hand on Aragorn's shoulder, shoving him forward slightly. A way of saying that it was either now or never. Aragorn pondered upon it in his mind. He may have no other chance. Gandalf had died. What's the guarantee he would live to tell her? On a darker note, what's the guarantee she will live to hear? If he tried another time it may be too late.

Aragorn then nodded his head and gave his elf friend a small smile. "Thank you Legolas. I will tell her"

Legolas nodded his head in approval with a smile. He waved his hand dismissing Aragorn. Before the Ranger left he turned to Legolas and said "You also might want to listen to your own advice mellonin. You yourself may never get the chance"

Then he walked off to the palace. Legolas stared at Aragorn's retreating form in deep thought of his words. His friend did not understand. It wasn't that simple. Felina wants no romantic relations with anyone. He had just won her trust. If he were to tell her now, he might break that trust and the friendship that barely had a starting foundation. No, it was better to wait for a while. But he hoped all would go well with Aragorn and Lou.

ARAGORN made his way to the upper branches where the palace rested upon. The guards welcomed and ushered him in. The  Lord Celeborn and Lady Galadriel were already asleep so they were not able to greet him. Felina though, with her insomnia and the fight between her and her best friend making it harder for her to relax and sleep, was very much wide awake in the open common area or living room.

Aragorn found her there sitting quietly with her legs crossed leaned back in a chair reading a book with a frown etched on her face as she is unable to concentrate on the text written on the pages. They just seemed to pass by her eyes but never register in her mind. Upon hearing his footsteps, Felina looks up from her book. She is surprised to see Aragorn there, not really expecting a visit from him.