7

MORNING came faster than they thought it would. After a simple breakfast in the Inn, they gathered their belongings and went into the wild. They stayed off the road as Gandalf had advised and trudged through raw forest terrains filled with trees, bushes, and greenery. They walked confidently in the safety of the light of day. The serenity of nature calmed their souls. The gentle breeze whispered and whistled a slow song. The chatter of many creatures sung in nature. They walked through dirt and soil and rocks with Strider leading the way in front of them.

The Hobbits walked in the center and Lou walked at the back of the group to make sure no one gets left behind. Felina on the other hand walked in front with Strider still not trusting him. She read his mind every hour or so trying to find any malicious plan or hidden agenda but so far, he proved to be true. They trekked through thick blankets of trees and if it wouldn't have been for Strider, they would've surely been lost in a world they weren't familiar with yet.

Later, the Hobbits plopped to the ground. They made themselves comfortable sitting on the ground and were messing with their packs. Sam was about to start a fire to cook food while the other prepared the ingredients and utensils. Lou stopped in her tracks and so did Felina and Strider when they realized the ones behind them were no longer moving. Strider gave a stern disapproving glance.

"Gentlemen" he spoke gaining the attention of the Hobbits and making them abruptly stop what they were doing to look up at him with confused eyes. "We do not stop til nightfall"

"But what about breakfast?" Pippin asked the tone of his voice rising with his shock and confusion.

"But you've already had it" Strider said with just as much confusion, not being familiar with Hobbit customs and the number of meals they had to take each day, being a folk with a love for food. Pippin looked like he was inwardly rolling his eyes at what he could only see as the man's ignorance.

"We've had one yes. But what about second breakfast?" He said a bit irritated he couldn't have his meal.

Aragorn shot him one confused and queer look before shaking his head grunting and moving on along the forest path. The Hobbits mumble in disappointment and hesitantly pack up their things to get ready to move once more. It was clear they weren't that pleased with the disappointed looks on their faces. Lou gave the Hobbits a pat on their backs to comfort them. To Hobbits, skipping a meal is a great loss to be mourned for.

"I'm sorry fellows but I doubt he knows about second breakfast" Felina told them before waving a hand and urging them to come along.

"But what about elevensies? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper? He knows about them doesn't he?" Pippin asked exasperated and desperate.

"Wouldn't count on it Pip" Merry said patting his friend's shoulder. Pippin stood there frozen and gobsmacked. How could that man not know all the important meals in a day? Is what he thought in shock and confusion.

Lou saw the Hobbit frozen and pat his back to break him out of his trance. The Hobbit's head shot up to look at her as she gave him a comforting smile. "Sorry Pip but we humans only take less than half of the meals your people take daily. We only have breakfast, lunch, and dinner" she explained to him.

"But how does that even-"

He was cut off by red ripe apples thrown in their direction undoubtedly by Strider. Merry caught one in his hands and Lou caught one and passed it to Pippin. He looks to Lou and nods in thanks.