2

FELINA and Lou, slowly and painfully opened their eyes. They still felt a small chill from the storm they had just been in and their heads thumped with a slight headache. Their bodies ached and felt fatigue from the long storm they endured and their bodies were adorned with small scratches from the branches of tress that slapped and clawed at them with the vicious winds. Their hair felt cold yet slightly damped which meant to say they haven't been out for such a long time since they blacked out from the storm. A low and choppy groan was the first thing to escape their lips.

They expected to wake up to darkness  but to their delight and surprise, they woke up to light. They slowly stirred from their beds looking around at the unfamiliar place. Felina looked down to sigh in relief when she found she was still in her slightly damp and torn clothes. She looked to Lou who was at the bed across her.

They both had the same question in their eyes. Where were they? There was no sign of advanced technology where they were. No tv, no phones except for theirs which they found laid on a table and thankfully not damaged or cracked especially from the storm they just went through. They quickly stood to grab it. They turned it on. It still had battery, but the date and time of the phone was getting glitchy and the year wouldn't turn up.

They shared looks.

"Felina where exactly are we?" Lou whispered not so sure of the safety of the place.

Felina gave Lou one look that silently said she had no idea before cranking her head around the room checking its details. The room was beautifully architectured with bright colors and elegant design. It had only the two beds that she and Lou previously laid on and a couple of chairs presumably for visitors. There were tables filled with crystal jars of queer glowing liquids and different leaf shaped herbs. Lou took one jar and sniffed it raising her eyebrows at the surprisingly pleasant smell it had before gingerly putting it back in place.

There were also medical equipment that was familiar to them. Bandages, gauzes, medical scissors, medical tongs, and other paraphernalia. They were in an infirmary. They opened their bags and were pleased to see that their items were all dried and rearranged. They shared a suspicious frown. Someone touched their things. They silently dressed in warmer and fresher clothes and brushed their now unruly and frizzy hair that had been blown back and forth in the storm.

Felina changed into black skinny jeans and a loose white sweatshirt. Lou dressed in similar jeans and a loose Beatles shirt that her Dad, Tony Stark gave her for her birthday. They removed their shoes and put on their slippers which they had conveniently packed into their bags when they left. They put their jackets on as it was a bit chilly. They cautiously took a look outside the windows of the infirmary. It was a beautiful place full of light and elegance. Men and women went about their day dressed in queer clothing that people would usually wear only in a cosplay. That would be gowns of olden times and strange suits and armory. Some even carried bows and arrows among other weapons. The children outside played unfamiliar games to them as their mothers scolded them about getting their clothes dirty. The language was very unfamiliar too, it was mere indistinguishable chatter to the women.

One thing wasn't unusual to Felina though but it came as a shock. All had pointy ears like her. Lou noticed this too and shared a look with Felina. "Wherever we are, we certainly aren't in New York anymore" Felina said crossing her arms with a confused frown.

Suddenly, the door opened and they were in the presence of a man. He wore elegant silver armor that looked lightweight compared to other armor. His long blonde hair cascaded down but it failed to cover his pointy ears. His bright eyes shone with the light. They were undoubtedly in the presence of fair yet strong beings.

"No you are not in New York milady wherever that may be" he said with his voice low and gentle.

Lou and Felina raised their eyebrows. Milady? Where were they?

"Where are we and who are you?" Felina immediately asked her voice cold and untrusting. Her stance was ready and defensive. They were in a strange land, with people that strangely had pointy ears like her and her friend Ylustris, that spoke in a strange language with no technology and didn't know where New York was.

Felina's cold and untrusting demeanor was met with a warm smile.

"Sincere apologies" he bowed deeply "I am Haldir. Welcome my ladies, to Lothorien"