29

FELINA woke with a start. She looked around slightly confused when she remembered what had happened. She groaned and held her head in her hands. She gazed upon her surroundings to see it was incredibly dark and not even the light of the moon aided her. The temperature of the area was chilly and she could hear the sound of crickets.

She took out her phone and squinted her eyes from the blaring blue light of the screen. It was 3 am in the morning. She sighed at this. She turned on her flashlight to her pack being a makeshift pillow and someone else's cloak covering her. Looking around seeing everyone else have their cloaks but Legolas. She quickly deduced it to be his.

Her companions were fast asleep near her. Seeing as they were put in the open, they did need to stick together closely.

Everyone was asleep save for her and Legolas who was on watch. He nodded at her when he saw she was awake. "Good to see you have recovered Felina" he said smiling warmly at her as she sat down beside him. "You deeply worried me when you suddenly dropped"

"I'm sorry I delayed us. If wasn't for the headache I-" she was saying before Legolas cut her off placing a hand on her shoulder.

"You didn't delay us Felina. We are closer to the Uruks now more than ever. We are definitely going to catch them soon"

Felina handed him his cloak. "Thanks for this" she said.

"You're welcome"

Felina just nodded in response. Legolas handed her some lembas and flask of water. "Eat and drink. Recover your strength. Aragorn said we would continue once you've awakened but I will not let you go on until you've nourished yourself"

Felina didn't need to be told twice. She quickly grabbed the lembas from Legolas' hand and the flask of water. She finished nearly a half of a loaf and chugged down almost the whole flask but didn't knowing she would need to save some for later.

"Do you feel better now?" Legolas asked her, concerned.

"Yes I do. Thank you Legolas" she said giving him a small smile to ease his worry.

"Do not push yourself so hard next time. You may have strength and abilities Felina but when your body is fatigued you must rest" Legolas scolded her but in a gentle concerned voice. Felina could tell he was worried for her.

"I understand your concern Legolas but I couldn't simply just give up" she replied.

"Resting isn't giving up Felina" he said as he shook his head. He gave her a certain look of worry but there was something else there that she couldn't place. He placed a hand on her arm just above the elbow. "You musn't over work yourself. You will function better if you take even just a shortwhile to rest. You have to promise me you won't do that again"

"Who is he my mother?" She thought. He was really concerned for her and Felina could see he was sincere. She thought the concern was pretty much unnecessary, she had gone through worse. Still she couldn't help but feel touched at Legolas sincerity and concern for her. That made her smile inside.

Felina sighed and nodded. "Alright Legolas I promise. Now if our enemy has stopped as well, we have an advantage if we start earlier than them. We must wake the others" she said.

Legolas nodded and went to wake Gimli. First thing the dwarf did was grumble about wanting more sleep. Felina went to wake Aragorn and Lou who were sleeping in each other's arms. Felina gazed at them for a short while. They looked so happy and content with each other. Would that even last? Anything can happen and it could easily end. She shook her head at those sort of thoughts. It was Lou's  relationship anyway. None of her business.