8: Lost Faith

Yuki : hokage-sama. What happened ?

Hiruzen : what do you mean ?

She placed her hand onto the wall and seals spread throughout the entire room " now no one can hear us in this space. 3 minutes before the rest of anbu thinks I'm trying to kill you. "

Hiruzen ; are you trying to kill me ?

Yuki : no. Uchiha clan massacre. Uchiha sasuke left alive only. What's that ? He couldn't kill his only brother ? But he could kill his entire clan for no reason. That's not like Itachi.

Hiruzen : you make it sound like you know him well.

Yuki : he doesn't do things without a reason. He's not irrational. Not blinded by emotions. That , I know.

Hiruzen : you do , know him well. But he joined the Foundation.

Yuki : I don't want to believe that. His methods never really changed even when he joined. He never really hurt anyone.

Hiruzen sighs " Yuki. Are you good friends with him ? "

Yuki : eh ? No... He's just impressive as an anbu division leader. I respect him.

Hiruzen : you can too.

Yuki : really? Now's not the time.

Hiruzen : I know you still have the seal on him. Can it track him even though it's deactivated ? Deny you can. Understand ?

Yuki ; then the massacre... Foundation ? Forced ?

Hiruzen nods " that's enough for you. Isn't it ? " She nods and releases the seals " arigato. Hokage-sama." She opens the door " it's hard to have faith in the world. Hokage-sama." And closes behind her.

Anbu arrives inside the office " hokage-sama. Daijobu ? "
( Are you ok )

Hiruzen : um. We just had some talk we didn't want other to hear.

______________________________

Hiruzen: here's your mission.

Kakashi: I understand.

Hiruzen : oh. Don't go disturbing Yuki if she doesn't want to go. It's fine.

______________________________

Kakashi: Yuki. Mission.

Yuki : I don't want to do one today.

Kakashi: anbu don't duck duties.

" I'm ducking it for one day. " And she leaves. He grabbed onto her arm " what's wrong ? "

Yuki : not much. I just... Need to study my seals.

He walked to her front " you're my best partner on the team. Like my fukuchou . I can't not have you on a mission. What's wrong ? " Her tears fell " I guess... I really do hate this world. That's all. "

" Yuki... " He dries her tears with his thumb " is it about the massacre ? "

She nods " I don't have faith in this world anymore... They are nice people... " She turns away from kakashi and takes in a deep breath " I... I can't go to the mission this time. I'll get punished whatever. " And left.
______________________________

Kakashi had returned from the mission " mission completed. "

Hiruzen : I see. Thanks for the hard work. Also... Yuki left anbu. She opted to downgrade to become a chunnin.

Kakashi: is there nothing I can do to change her mind ?

Hiruzen :  She needs this for a while.

Flashback~

Yuki ; I want to be back a chunnin.

Hiruzen : Yuki...

Yuki ; if I don't... I'm scared I don't want to trust anyone again. Get close to anyone again .

End of flashback~