34: Family Time

Marie ; welcome !!!

Kakashi: thank you for inviting me.

Jin : don't worry about it. This old woman is all excited since this morning.

Marie : oh shut up !!

Yuki : fried mushrooms !! Yes !!!

Marie : I heard from Yuki you liked saury eggplant. I hope you like this.

Kakashi: no... Thanks for making the effort.

Marie : no. I heard, you're alone. I thought you might need some family time. Though we're not family... But you know... To be with someone. People. So I called you here. We haven't had a dinner with Yuki for quite long as well.

Yuki just keeps eating the mushrooms happily.

Jin : thanks for taking care of her.

Marie ; we'll put her in your hands in the future then. Arigato neh .

Yuki : that's a little early isn't it ?

Marie : everyone's getting married recently.

" that's others . I'm done. " She stands from the chair and goes to the kitchen.

Marie : gomen. She's shy.

Jin : stupid old woman . That's not what's really on her mind.

Marie : oh you shut up. Don't be rude in front of the young man.

" Ha ha ha..." Kakashi sweatdrops " it's fine. "
______________________________

She was washing up the pans and bowls. He helped by drying them.

Yuki : gomen. My mother can be ... A little too straightforward.

Kakashi: it's ok. I don't mind it. Were you angry ?

Yuki : angry ?

Kakashi: just now. You left the table.

Yuki : no ... It's not like that. It's just my mother has been nagging me about it. She got really worried because I.... I died before. She was all, I don't want you to die alone. And I said , well , I don't want kakashi to die with me. That's... Not what I mean. I meant...

Kakashi: you meant , you don't want me to die together with you at the same time.

Yuki : um...

Kakashi: I was devastated when I knew you died. I couldn't do anything I could only think of the fact that... I just let you die.

Yuki ; I chose it. It's not your fault.

Kakashi dried the last bowl " you didn't even let me see you for the last time. "

Yuki : gomen...

He hugs her in his embrace " damn you Yuki. Don't do things like that , that will get you killed."

Yuki : it's not like you can promise me the same thing.

Kakashi: just promise me.

She looked to his eyes " we're ninjas. Kakashi. Don't ask things like that from me. I can't ask the same things from you. Don't be unfair to me." He strokes her hair " Yuki..."