41: Avoidance

Yuki : darui. Can I talk to you ?

Darui : sure.

Yuki: that is ... You wouldn't tell anyone right? Like our letters.

Darui : of course I won't. What happened?

Yuki : arigato. Well... I aborted my baby.

Darui ; kakashi's ?

She nods " it was only two months old. I don't know if he's angry at me ... Or anything... "

Darui : did you ask him ?

Yuki : Maybe he's not avoiding me. But... I don't want him to distance himself away from me. I used to see him everytime he comes back from a mission.

Darui : everyone's busy preparing for war. Maybe you're overthinking it.

Yuki : maybe...

Darui : look. I think you and kakashi make a great couple. To be honest , I kind of envy him. He's such a busy jounin , yet he manages to get married to such a great girl.

Yuki : darui... Sighs. I don't know.

Darui ; it will be fine. Just talk to him. Ask him. I don't really know kakashi very well. So I can't help you. Gomen

She shakes her head " I just wanted to talk to someone. "
______________________________

Yuki waves " kakashi !! " He goes towards her " Yuki. Don't you have a mission ? "

Yuki : I told tsunade-sama I wanted to see you come back.

Kakashi: she agreed ? That's rare.

Yuki : I told her it was important to me. To see you come back

Kakashi: Yuki...

" I don't know if you're avoiding me. Or if you're angry at me. I don't know what you're thinking. So.. so I've given it a lot of thought." She takes out the ring and passess it back to him.

Kakashi: Yuki...

Yuki ; when you're ready with an answer. I'll wait. Just try to make it before war.  If you decided you really can't look at me anymore , I'll request to change Company.

Kakashi pov :

I watched her turn around and leave. I didn't even stop her.

Anger ?

I looked at the ring in my hand.

I don't know. I'm not even sure what I want.

Avoiding her ? Maybe I have been doing that.

What do I want ?

______________________________

Gai : a drink ? Kakashi.

Kakashi: gai.

Gai : what's with that saddened face ? Just like Yuki.

Kakashi: she's sad ?

Gai ; um. She won't even take on my offer on mushrooms. She won't tell me what's wrong with her. She also said not to get on your nerves. Since when did I do that ?

Kakashi sweatdrops " ha ha... "

Gai ; are both of you ok ?

Kakashi: well... Not really.

Gai : well , whatever it is . It should be solvable with a talk right?

Kakashi: it's not that easy.

Gai : I see. I never thought it would come to this stage. For both of you.

Kakashi: what do you mean ?

Gai : I mean... You and Yuki used to be best partners isn't it ? The two of you always in sync. As if knowing what each other is thinking without even speaking.

Kakashi: she knows what you're thinking as well. Like you know her. We're all good friends with each other for a long time.

Gai ; no. It's different. You and her. I can tell. Whenever she's with me , she just nags and hits me. Whenever she's with you , she just trusts you. You always trust her too , isn't it ?

Kakashi : I do... arigato gai. I've to go somewhere first.

Gai: eh ?!! How about the drink ?!
______________________________

Kakashi: Yuki.

She turns her head around " how come you know I'm here " She was sitting on the edge of the hill with her legs dangling over. The gentle breeze blew past her. He sits down beside her.

Yuki : what is it ? Tsunade-sama wants to nag me ?

Kakashi : no. I just forgot something very important.

Yuki : what is it ?

Kakashi: that you're my best partner.

She looks to him " you still remember that ? That... Was so long ago . When I still enjoyed being a chunnin. I could play around as much as I wanted. Go on so many missions with you. Play with pakkun. Hehe. "

Kakashi: I do miss those days too. I had to always take care of you.

Yuki : what ?! That's not true. I always did what you wanted me to do.

Kakashi: right. And you never lazed around.

Yuki : go away !

Kakashi sighed " I missed those days. I always trusted you as if knowing you would do it without even me asking. "

Yuki ; and I never failed you. Did I ?

Kakashi: no. Never. Did you trust me ? Yuki

Yuki : of course. Not that I was ever taichou and needed to worry other things ~ then.

Kakashi : did you really trust me ?

She looked to him " why suddenly so serious ? Hai. I trust you. I trust you to save me when I got in trouble. I trust you to not tell on me to hokage when I skip my duties. I trusts you... To not die in every mission. "

Kakashi: I'm such an idiot.

Yuki : eh ?

Kakashi: you trusted me to agree with you. So you made the decision without me so I didn't have to go through it. You thought all of it through. You even wanted to keep it to all yourself. Except the Truth Tomb made you spill something you didn't want to say. I wouldn't even have known if it wasn't for that mission. You planned to keep it all from me. Didn't you ?

She nods " I did. Gomen. I summoned you. It was just too painful . That thing was making me. I wanted someone to save me. I thought of you."

He hugs her , one hand cupping her head " best partner. Gomen. " He releases the hug and opens his hand. He presented the ring again " best partner. I don't want you to forget that. To trust me to save you. To trust me with everything you have. Even if they're hard decisions. "

She looked to the ring " so I was wrong to not tell you about the abortion ? "

Kakashi: ... I didn't trust that you would not hate me if I was the one who made the decision. Though I knew you would agree. I didn't want you to hate me. I was angry at myself. That you had to carry everything on your own.

She takes the ring back and wears it . She kissed onto his forehead " I'll tell you everything next time. "

Kakashi: and don't ever try to divorce me again . Even if we're going to war.

Yuki : hai.