21: Confession

Kakashi: Yuki .

Yuki : no. I don't want to go back.

Kakashi: I know you're depressed. But that wouldn't be what San daime would want you to do.

Yuki : he's gone now. I couldn't save him. No... I couldn't help him at all. I just watch it happen. Tsk.

Kakashi: it's not your fault. You tried. It happened not because you became an anbu. Even if you weren't an anbu , the same thing would happen the same.

Yuki : that's the logic... But it doesn't feel that way. *Clenches fist*

Kakashi sighed " San daime did always spoil you. When you said you wanted a little rest days, he gave it to you. When you wanted to research on a new seal, he gave you days off. When you told him you didn't have an interest to becoming a jounin, he didn't push you. "

Her tears fell and she starts to cry " um... He always spoiled me. He always treated me like one of the kids." Kakashi went forward and wanted to hug her, giving her some comfort. But she back walked " don't... I... Don't want to cry even more. "

Kakashi: Yuki... I don't want to see you lose the glimmer in your eyes.

She deep breathes and slowly stops crying " huh? "

Kakashi: you have this glimmer in your eye everytime you find something new or exciting. You like missions.

" Kakashi... " It was almost as if she changed her mind. But just then she turned away " I... I got to go back to the bakery. "
______________________________

The next day ...

Kakashi: yo.

Yuki : don't want.

Kakashi: no... I'm here to buy bread.

Yuki : oh. What bread ?

Kakashi; the ones you make. To see if they're a failure.

Yuki ; hey !! They're not burnt !! So... They're ok. I think.

Kakashi: you suck at making bread.

She packs the bread " I do not !! " She passess it to him " ok... They're a little sweet. I put a little too much sugar. Mama was all, they're not cookies. " He laughed " you suck "

Yuki : I'm getting the hang of it.

Kakashi: I'm glad you're smiling again.

Yuki : .... Um...
______________________________

A few weeks later...

Jiraiya carries Yuki on his back , back to konoha. He brings her to the office " tsunade. "

Tsunade : what happened?!! Shizune!! Bring her to the hospital!!

Jiraiya: she's fine. Just fainted and minor injuries. She'll wake up soon.

Tsunade ; hospital !!

Yuki wakes up " ouch... Tsunade-sama... Jiraiya-sama... Ehto... Hokage office. What happened ? "

Jiraiya: I saved you. I was on the way back. Why didn't you use any of your jutsu to save yourself ?

" heh... I'll go home and treat my injuries myself. " She stood up " ouch... ha... Maybe I have a few broken bones. "

Tsunade ; hospital!!!
______________________________

Kakashi took a long sigh " seriously? I know you didn't want to become a ninja. But you didn't have to go to that extent. I was worried !!! Yuki !! "

Yuki : it's not like I did it on purpose.

Kakashi: I don't want you to die because of some stupid reason !! Like...

A bunch of kids ran into the room " nee-chan. Daijobu? "

Yuki: um. Don't worry. This hospital is awesome.

" Really? "

Yuki : um.

Shizune came in as well " alright. Nee-chan needs to rest. You guys should leave. " And the kids pouted " but..."

Shizune: she will be fine.

" Ok..." And the kids leave.

Shizune: a few broken bones. But overall fine. You need an extra day of rest. You don't even have anything to do. That should be fine right ?

Yuki nods " um. Understand."

And shizune leaves.

Kakashi: you were saving those kids and that's why you got hurt ?

Yuki : I was taking home some flour. The kids were playing in a cave. Playing fireworks. That kind of shook the cave and it was going down fast. So I went in  and tried to save them before the entrance closed. I was down to the last one, but a rock caught my leg, and then another knocked me out. Then jiraiya-sama came and save me I guess.

Kakashi took a breath of relief " I see."

Yuki : did you have to be so agitated ?

Kakashi; I was worried. Why didn't you use teleportation?

Yuki : oh right... Not a ninja for so long... You kind of forget how to be one.

He sighed " you made me rush all the way back from a mission. "

Yuki ; did you complete ? I heard they say tsunade-sama is scary.

Kakashi: of course I completed.

Yuki : I guess baking is not for me huh. Even the flour doesn't want to come back with me.

Kakashi: you can't take everything as signs.

She laughed " you look so worried about everything. I'm joking. But maybe I should go back to becoming a ninja. Baking is boring. "

His eyes lit up " really? "

Yuki : maybe.

He smiled " that's good enough for me. "

" why do you care so much whether I become back a ninja or not ? " She said jokingly.

He looked back to her with serious eyes " because to me, you're not just my best partner. Daisuki desu. I missed the days we went on joint missions. Also, I haven't seen you have that glimmer in your eyes in a long time."

Daisuki = I like you.

Yuki ; kakashi...

Kakashi: I know you have someone else you like very much. But I'm not going to force anything on you.

Yuki : since when ?

Kakashi: anbu. I was afraid you would avoid me after I said this. Then we wouldn't even have joint missions anymore.

Yuki : Baka. ( Idiot )

Kakashi: eh ?

Yuki : you are that someone. I also... Because of the same reason...

" Then we're two idiots huh. " He hugged her.