Ten

Hyungwon

I sank to the floor as the sobs racked through my body. They killed those girls and took me. I'm next, I'm going to end up just like Jia and her friends. I leaned myself forward against my knees and cried for what felt like hours. The fear in me wouldn't allow me to stop, these people...they weren't human. The way one of them bit Jia, the way the other said Haeun ran dry. They weren't human and they sure as hell ate humans. A few light knocks came from the other side of the door.

"Allie...can you open the door?" a muffle voice came through.

"Go away...go away please" I managed to say through the sobs.

"I promise I'm not going to hurt you...my names Hyungwon...you saw me earlier." the muffled voice said.

"Please just leave me alone..." I begged. I heard a shuffle against the door before the voice was slightly clearer.

"Look...I get you're scared, but I promise you Allie I won't hurt you. I want to at least tell you that I had nothing to do with what happened that day. You can trust me" Hyungwon said.

"I-I'm so scared Hyungwon....please...I don't want to die..." I pleaded. 

"Allie...you won't die. I wouldn't let that happen, I know another person who wouldn't even let that happen." he sighed as I heard a small thud against the door.

"I-I'm scared please...I want to go home" I mumbled as I wiped my face.

"I can't take you home right now Allie....but will you allow me to sit in the room with you so you aren't alone? I won't do anything I swear." he said as he let his fingers show from under the door.

I wiped my nose with my sleeves before I slid away from the door and reached up. As I pulled the door open, Hyungwon fell back with a soft thud. I giggled as he laid there, his arms spread out and his legs slightly in the air before they also fell with a thud. He pushed his head back slightly, looking at me before smiling and rolling onto his stomach.

"See look, I'm already making you feel better" he said as he crawled into the room and shut the door behind him.  

"I-I...what...what's going on?" I stuttered as I struggled to find any words between my tears.

"I don't exactly know the full story...just know that no one is going to hurt you. I won't allow it and I'm sure there are others who won't either." Hyungwon smiled as he spoke to me.

"How can you be so sure??" I whispered.

"I'm not..but trust me okay??" he mumbled as he slid forward slightly.

"Hyungwon...they scare me" I mumbled as I wiped my tears.

"Shhh it's okay...come here..I promise I won't hurt you, you just look like you need to be held" he whispered as he opened his arms.

I hesitated slightly before I slowly crawled into his lap and buried my face into the crook of his neck. I felt him slowly wrap his arms around me, I finally let out the rest of my cries, my fingers curling slight as I gripped onto his shirt. He slowly started to rub my back as I cried.

"Shhh, just let it out. I'm here" he cooed as he slowly leaned back against the door.

"I'm terrified...don't let me end up like them..please" I sobbed into his neck.

"You won't...shhh" he whispered. 

After my tears ran dry, we sat there slightly clinging to each other. His hand still gently rubbing my back, my fingers still curled on his shirt. Our breathing in sync as we sat with no words said. A soft knock getting our attention.

"Hyungwon...are you in there??" A muffle voice said. I shift slightly to glance at the blonde boy I was leaning against.

"Huuh??" Hyungwon answered, his head tilting away from me as he looked at the door.

"The girl...is she alright now??" The voice asked.

"Uhh..." he glanced down at me, eyebrows slightly raised "I think so"

"Can I uh..can i come in??" The voice was hesitant as it spoke.

"That's Minhyuk...he's not a bad guy, he just wants to meet you is all" Hyungwon whispered.

"As long as you don't leave me alone with him..." I whispered back.

"Hold on Minhyuk...let me move away from the door." Hyungwon mumbled before he shifted us away.