Sixteen

"Ask what?

   It had been a few hours since Allie arrived at the house and slowly started bonding with everyone. She was still uneasy around Jooheon and Wonho but wasn't going to cast them aside and treat them differently. The girl also wasn't very fond of I.M after she discovered that he was the one to slam her against the wall. She was sitting comfortably with Jooheon though, she'd admit that much, Hyungwon sat on her other side allowing her to lean against him.

"Jooheon, Wonho, and Hyungwon go get ready" Kihyun announced as he emerged from the kitchen.

"Me? I thought I was staying" Hyungwon asked confused as he turned his head to look at Kihyun. 

"Change of plans, you're coming with us. We will need more hands" Kihyun said, walking towards his room.

"So then who's staying with Allie?? You can't be serious about leaving her with just Minhyuk and I.M" Hyungwon questioned as he nudged the girl to sit up.

"I don't mind. I'll be fine..Minhyuk will be here...don't worry about it" Allie said as she sat up and glanced at the two.

"Allie...you can't be serious right now" Hyungwon said.

"Hyungwon...I'll be fine. I.M isn't going to hurt me neither is Minhyuk...you know that" the girl said as she rubbed his shoulder "Just go get ready"

   Hyungwon sighed but got up with Jooheon and the rest, leaving the girl with the two boys. Glancing at each other, they shrugged and glanced back at the tv. Hardly mumbling a good bye to the five that left after a few minutes. After the show they were watching was over, Allie got up and stretched before walking to the kitchen. I.M had glanced at the girl before getting up and following her.

"So...you trust me enough to be alone with me?" He asked as he watched her dish up the food.

"We aren't alone...and I know you won't hurt me because if you did I'm sure you'd get in trouble" the girl said, not turning to face him.

"Allie...I really am sorry for hurting you...I should have controlled the strength I used...I never thought I would.." I.M spoke softly before Allie cut him off.

"I.M it's fine...you didn't kill me. Don't worry about it anymore. Just focus on trying to be friends with me" Allie said, glancing back at the male who now had his head hung.

"Friends.." he mumbled before nodding and turning to leave the kitchen.

   Truthfully, Allie hadn't figured out her feelings towards this foreign concept of being a mate. It didn't sound right, she wanted to gradually start dating but it all changed as she was cast into this family, if that's what it was. The thought of them not even knowing who was meant for her, slightly frightened her. She didn't know it either, marrying one of them wasn't something she welcomed either after just meeting them.

   Shaking her head, the girl had brought the food to the table. Glancing over at the two she was left with, it was a foreign feeling to be eating dinner with others. Allie had barely gotten use to eating with Shae and Jace, now she would have to get use to eating with the seven boys occasionally.

"Dinners served. Come eat" she announced before taking Shownu's regular seat.

"I'm starving" Minhyuk mumbled as he walked over and sat down, I.M slowly following.

"So...I wanted to ask.." Allie started out as she dished them their food.

"Ask what??" I.M said as he started eating.

"Do you guys actually need to eat..human food or are you doing it to make me feel normal?" she asked as she glanced between the two.

"We eat it because we like it, we don't need to eat it but it's nice to actually have it sometimes..it helps us feel...human still" Minhyuk commented, not looking up from the food.

"Can you taste it?" the girl asked as she took a bite.

"Slightly...but it's not as satisfying as it use to be." I.M mumbled, his mouth full already.

"So...you don't need to actually eat food..."Allie mumbled.

"No, we don't need it at all but like I said...It helps us feel human still. The taste isn't the same, it's faded and unsatisfying but it curbs the real hunger" Minhyuk said as he reached for his cup.

"The real hunger...you mean for blood?" Allie whispered.

"Exactly...we don't exactly need to feed often but...the hunger is still there, it burns." I.M stated before glancing at the girl.

   Allie sat silent after her questions were answered. The small talk was there but wasn't important to pay attention to for her. After dinner I.M branched off from the two, going down to the basement to play music so he didn't interrupt Allie and Minhyuk's gaming session.

~~~