Thirty-Two

Normal?

I sighed and stepped out of the vehicle as soon as JB pulled up. I avoided any kind of conversation with him until now when he rolled down the window.

"Get in safely and I'm really sorry about Mark. He'll come around" JB called.

I just nodded and waved him off before turning and walking to the building. Glancing down, I noticed I still wore Mark's flannel. My eyes stung with tears and I pulled it closed and hugged myself. It was cold enough for me to see my breath as I walked towards the glass doors of the building. Today felt so perfect, being on a normal date with a normal boy but it just had to get ruined by seven monsters.

The echo of my shoes reverberated on the stone walls as I walked up the first set of steps. The silence felt welcoming as I wiped my cheeks of the stray tears. I couldn't have a normal life anymore, those seven made it clear I wasn't allowed normal nor was I allowed time to experience normal. I was just sucked into a world of vampires against my will.

"Allie" I glanced up from my sulking state to see him.

"You're not allowed here" I mumbled, pushing past him in the hall.

"Allie don't act like that" he whispered.

"I.M please go away. If my dorm supervisor sees us here, I'll get kicked out. Leave" I muttered, grabbing out my keys for the dorm.

"Can you just hear me out?"

"No, please leave" I sighed, pushed my way inside the room before moving to shut the door.

"Please!" he begged as he blocked the door.

I glanced around the dorm, my roommate was obviously out for the night. His eyes pleaded with my own as I looked back at him. I sighed as I moved aside and let him in.

"Talk and then you leave. I'm not in the mood for anything at the moment" I mumbled before walking to my side of the dorm.

"Thanks...look I'm sorry about today" he said as he closed the door.

"Are you really? Because obviously it shouldn't have happened" I said, glancing back at him and I kicked off my shoes and crawled on my bed.

"Allie...We just...we didn't like how things were looking...you're giving a stranger a chance but not us" he sighed, moving to sit on the edge of my bed.

"I went on one date and you guys ruined it. Who said he was even getting a real chance? It was a double date with Shae and her boyfriend. I was only there supervising" I mumbled.

"Yet you let him kiss you? Hold you? Allie that isn't supervising" I.M scoffed

"Maybe I wanted normal!" I cried out before looking away.

"Normal? You want normal? Are we not normal enough?" He sounded hurt.

"That's not what I meant...I just...this is a lot for me okay." I sighed.

"You should have at least said something to us" he sighed, running his hand through his hair.

"I tried...I was going to after exams...and then the date happened" I groaned laying back against the wall.

"I'm sorry...we jumped the gun...we should have just waited..." I.M glanced at me.

"You should have yeah...can i ever have normal?" I whispered

"Allie...why were you crying earlier? Why are you trying to cry now" he whispered as he shifted towards me.

"It's all too much for me...it's so much stress" I sobbed, covering my face.

"Hey...hey stop I'm sorry" I felt him pull me to his chest and stroke my head.

"God this isn't fair, I just wanted a normal date" I cried.

"You're seriously crying over a little date? Allie if you want to go on a date, then just tell us and we'll take you out, one of us or all of us." I.M chuckled.

"Whatever, I don't know what I want" I wiped my face and looked at him.