Twenty-Five

Amazing

When Mark had first arrived with Bambam, all he saw was Shae. There was no other girl at her side when she came running to his younger brother, he only saw her when she slowly approached him. His world had stopped spinning the moment he heard her voice. The soft, angelic melody to him. Once he looked at her, everything had changed.

The female in front of him stood at his height and was dressed differently than her friend. Watching her, everything had seemed slow motion. The way she had turned her head and blinked before meeting his gaze. Her soft brown locks flowed down her shoulder while the wind seemed to kiss each strand individually. It was obvious she was staring at him like he was staring at her. Both admiring their looks, his soft brown eyes meeting her bright hazel colored ones.

The moments that had seemed slow motion only lasted a few seconds. All four of them had started on their way towards their destination. Allie slightly oblivious to Mark moving slightly closer until their hands brushed together. The pink hue rising to her cheeks caught Mark off guard. Mumbling an apology at the same time was the one thing he didn't even expect, but it was so perfectly in sync.

From the moment he found out she hated crowds to when they entered the park, Mark never let her leave his sight. He was worried she'd freak out if she had lost any of them during their time together. They'd gotten lucky tonight, the park was half empty.

"Do you want to go on rides first?" Mark hesitantly asked.

"We could...which should we start with?" the girl asked, she scanned the vast area before them.

"Hmm any is fine with me. We could start with a roller coaster if you want" Mark watched as the girls eyes lit up and she reached for his arm.

He didn't even bother to pull away from her grasp, he willingly let this girl he just met drag him to one of the rides. She had come out of her shell so quickly it was an experience to him, she moved too comfortably around him. Like she had known him for ages. The silence didn't kill him, it was the way she bobbed up and down happily as they neared the front of the line.

The pair had ran from ride to ride as they enjoyed the freedom of being away from the couple who had planned this date. Both addicted to the adrenaline that coursed through them. They strolled through the booths together, sharing a drink and chatting about things that didn't even have to do with the date. They never really realized how they were walking together until they reached a game Allie wanted to play.

"Such a lovely couple" the man commented as they walked up.

"Oh..no we aren't" Allie started off before looking at her shoulder were Mark's hand rested.

"First date then? How about you win this lovely young woman a stuffed animal?" the man smiled handing Mark some darts.

Shrugging, Mark just let go of Allie and took the darts. If he was able to pop ten balloons, he'd win a teddy bear the size of the girl he was with, five would get them a medium sized stuffed animal of their choice, and three would get them a beanie baby. Allie glanced at the stuffed animals, her eyes glistened at the array of stuffed creatures. In the end Mark only hit 7 balloons, winning Allie a medium sized stuffed bear.

"It's so cute!!" the girl shrieked as she held the bear at arm's length.

"It really is, I'm sorry I couldn't win anything bigger" he sighed.

"Oh no no this is perfect! Just look at its little nose!" Allie smiled as she hugged the bear to her chest tightly.

Mark was at a loss for words, it wouldn't be the first time he was silent but this loss was different. He couldn't speak, he was mesmerized by the smile painted on her face. Her plushy red lips, her pink cheeks, and those dazzling green eyes. He was enjoying the view of his date, the way the setting sun had kissed her skin giving her a slight glow. He hadn't even noticed the couple they arrived with stroll up.

"She looks happy. The happiest I've seen her in years" Shae whispered as she leaned against Bambams chest.

"I've never seen my brother look so peaceful and happy. Maybe we did a good thing setting them up" Bambam mumbled, his lips pressed against Shae's temple.

Shae eyes lingered on Allie, the girl who never smiled unless she was with Jace and her. If the girl smiled, it was either forced or because of her books. Allie was as antisocial as they come, it was difficult for Shae to make friends with her. For her best friend to come this far with a stranger was amazing.

"She's amazing" Mark said breathlessly as he watched Allie look up at the setting sun.

"I don't know what you did...but please keep doing it, this is the first I've seen Allie smile this much" Shae mumbled.

"She deserves to smile all the time." Mark mumbled as he took his eyes off Allie.