Twenty-Four

Movies? Amusement Park?

I stood next to Shae as she looked around for our dates. Things hadn't exactly gone smoothly during exams but I was finished and that's all that mattered to me. After I told Shae I had finished exams, she immediately jumped and set the date. Movies, dinner, and a walk in the park was her supposed idea. Shae kept pacing, looking from her phone to the surrounding areas.

"Can you like chill out? They're going to come" I mumbled as she searched the crowd.

"Allie this is like your first date and I don't want to like ruin it...I want this all to go perfect" Shae exclaimed as she sat by me on a set of steps.

"Shae seriously...this isn't a huge deal. It's just a double date and nothing more. I'm basically just here to supervise you" I sighed.

  Shae had taken the time to doll herself up for her date and complained when I showed up in jeans and a black long sleeve. She wanted more effort and I wanted simple, we contrasted each other but our styles always seemed to complement one another. I glanced at Shae as she picked at the hem of her dress, I could see it in her eyes that she was uneasy.

"He'll be here" I sighed as I put my arm around her shoulder.

"Yeah but...what if you don't like him Allie...what if his friend doesn't like me" Shae looked at me, a lost puppy is all I could see.

  Her being like this reminded me of the day she found out she was pregnant with Jace. Her thoughts were erratic and scared her to the point she was crying uncontrollably. It pained me to be reminded of that day she questioned everyone around her, slowly losing her trust. She was always afraid of what people around her thought.

"Hey...it doesn't matter. You like him, he must like you. Why are you worried about me liking him huh? Forget me and his friend, you deserve to be happy." I mumbled as she leaned on me.

"You mean so much to me Allie, I want you to really like him. You're my best friend" I smiled at her words as she got mushy.

"Oh gosh Shae, If Jace liked him then I like him already" I chuckled.

  I sighed and glanced at my best friend, she was watching the crowd undoubtedly looking for this boy. I watched as her eyes lit up and she quickly got to her feet, running forward. I watched as a male picked her up and spun with her, her sweet giggles filled the air. Getting up, I slowly made my way over to the couple, Shae was looking up at the male as their foreheads pressed together. 

"Allie, this is Bambam....Bambam this is Allie" Shae smiled, not even looking away from the male she was pressed against.

"Nice to meet you" he mumbled.

"Don't worry, you'll get used to it" a guy mumbled as he stepped forward.

"You must be my date" I sighed, looking at him.

   If looks could kill, I'm sure this boy had just shot me straight in my heart. His outfit rather simple and plain, contrasting to Bambam's style which fit with Shae perfectly. His hair was brown with hints of light purple and grey, almost perfectly styled away from his face. His outfit slightly matching my own, black long sleeve with jeans but styled with a red flannel.

"Mark" he said, his voice caught me off guard.

"Allie.." I sighed.

  We both glanced at the couple next to us, the two lost in their own world. As if they'd just remembered we were here, they glanced at us. Shae smiled before she turned her attention to me, eyebrows raised, waiting for me to approve of the boy I now stood beside. I smiled and shrugged before looking at Bambam, the boy staring at my best friend...the exact way I had longed to me looked at. Like nothing in the world mattered accept her. 

  I looked away as we began walking, maybe I should have called Shownu and let the boys know I was done with testing. Maybe I shouldn't have agreed to this date thing, since I supposedly had a fiance. I felt a small jolt of electricity, pulling me from my thoughts, as Mark's hand brushed against mine. We both glanced at each other, mumbling a small apology before looking away.

"Shae what movie are we seeing?" I asked as we kept walking.

"Movie? I thought we were going to the amusement park" Bambam said looking at Shae to me.

"Hehe...you see..I had to get her to come somehow..." Shae admitted.

  I sighed and stopped dead in my tracks. Shae knew how much I hated going to amusement parks, I loved the rides yeah but I hated being around the crowds. I always enjoyed going on weekdays since it was less crowded but this was friday night and it would be packed.

"What's wrong?" Mark asked.

"Allie...Allie hates crowds, she loves the amusement park but hates being around a bunch of people" Shae said as she looked at me, my face had probably said it all...I was pissed.

  Shae had somehow convinced me to go anyways, I was a sucker to make her happy. Her and her date walked ahead of me and my own date. Surprisingly there weren't many people waiting to get inside the amusement park, a win for me. I glanced around, taking in the park and the people around. If we played a few games and then went on rides, we should be fine.

~~~