Thirteen

Explanation

   Hyungwon and Minhyuk helped the girl up and sat with her on the sofa as the others made themselves comfortable on the floor and Shownu leaned back against the wall. Allie's eyes darted across each of the males faces, unsure of if she should have caved but she knew Hyungwon and Minhyuk would be there to protect her.

"Explain." Allie's voice came out hoarse but gentle like.

   Each of them stayed silent and avoiding Allie's gaze. Unsure of what to say to her and unsure if they could easily explain their story. It wasn't a secret now that she knew they were vampires but she didn't know anything else. The four girls they killed had brought this green eyed, brown haired girl in front of them earlier than expected.

"If you aren't going to explain.." Allie spoke but Kihyun interrupted.

"Give us a moment...there's a lot to explain..." he said, his head hung slightly.

"Start with why you did it...why you killed them" Allie mumbled.

"It..it was my idea..." Jooheon spoke, his voice low as he was ready to explain his guilt in it "I hadn't meant for them to die actually...I only wanted to scare them"

"Why...Jooheon why'd you have to go and get involved in it?" Allie questioned, her hand unconsiously searching for Hyungwons as she felt the tears start to sting her eyes.

"I just...I don't know Allie...I hated how they looked at you...how they treated you. I wanted to protect you from that" he breathed out before he looked up at her, meeting her soft green eyes.

"Protect me..you wanted to protect me? Jooheon...those girls are dead now...how...how did you see that as protecting me?" a tear escaped her eyes, slowly breaking Jooheon from the inside.

   Allie sat there waiting for Jooheon to speak again but he just lowered his head. A ragged sigh left her lips as a gentle squeeze was given to her hand. Looking towards that direction, her eyes met with Hyungwons as his thumb gently grazed the back of her hand. Looking away, she began looking at the rest of the boys.

"Who..who were the two I saw kill them" her voice shaky.

"Jooheon and me...I.M was supposed to be look out" Wonho mumbled.

"Which one were you...the one in the corner or" she was cut off as he spoke again

"Wall...I was the one who was against the wall...I was also the one who told I.M to chase you before I joined in" he admitted.

"So after you...after you killed Jia...you chased me..." Allie sniffled as she leaned her head back.

"It wasn't the plan to kill her...but after the first one..." Wonho began to explain.

"Hayoon...the first ones name is Hayoon. Her sister's name is Jiyoon...the girl Jooheon grabbed after he killed Haeun...and you Wonho...you killed Jia." Allie let the tears escape from the sides of her eyes before she looked back at the group. 

   Wonho's mouth slightly ajar as he gazed at the crying girl. Silence befell the group again as they watched Allie sit there with the tears trailing from her eyes. Kihyun sat there as the guilt slowly ate him. He shouldn't have let Jooheon talk him into scaring the girls. He should have stepped in the minute Wonho saw Allie.

"Why...why am I still alive? Why didn't you just kill me?" the soft voice was enough to snap Kihyun back from his guilt. His eyes met Allie's slowly realizing she was looking at him as she spoke.

"Because....you're important." Kihyun said, unsure of if she'd believe his words.

"Important...I'm important..." Allie's voice was laced with sarcasm.