Thirty-Nine

Dumbfounded

As Allie and Shownu left, Mark let out a sigh. He couldn't really believe what he had just witnessed. The girl who he labeled as his spent most of her afternoon getting fed by a guy and in turn let him wrap his arm around her waist. He wasn't sure what to feel but he knew for sure he was angry. Jackson watched as Mark started gritting his teeth, curling his fingers into a fist, and glaring at the door.

"That was Allie right? Why didn't she come and say hi??" Jackson asked as he looked at Shae.

"She's probably still upset about the date." Shae shrugged as she glanced at Mark.

"Who was that? Do you know them?" Mark asked glancing at Shae.

Before she could speak, Marks phone rang. He sighed and picked it up instantly. Jackson leaning in to listen to the conversation. Shae watched as Jackson and Mark's facial expressions changed from curious and annoyed to a very serious one. Jackson was the first to grab his jacket and stand.

"Bam we gotta run, make sure you take Shae home safely. Jaebum asked us to meet him somewhere" Jackson mumbled as he slipped the coat on and took one last sip of his drink.

"Alright, drive safe man" Bambam smiled as he hung his arm over Shae's shoulders as the two took their leave.

Shownu had kept up his promise, he had stopped by the store and bought Allie at least seven cartons of ice cream. The girl wiggled in her seat as they neared the house, she didn't care if she had just eaten she really wanted that ice cream. It was as if she had forgotten who she had seen and what she had discussed with Shownu at the restaurant.

"If I had known you'd be this easy to please, I would have bought it in advance." Shownu chuckled.

"Advance?" Allie asked looking at him.

"You seemed pretty upset with us since you walked in the house" he commented as he glanced at her and back to the road.

"Ah..yeah..I'm sorry about that, I don't know what came over me" she mumbled, looking down at her knees.

"You sure you weren't jealous? I mean you are pretty close to Hyungwon...I just thought that maybe you may have gotten jealous at that" he smiled.

"I..I don't know. I thought it was unfair...how you guys could flirt and have girls around and I couldn't go on one date..." she sighed as she played with her own hands.

"Is that all? I'm sorry that we made it seem like that" Shownu sighed as he pulled into the driveway.

"No...that's not all" the girl mumbled.

"Tell me inside? The ice cream is melting" Shownu said as he grabbed the bags of ice cream and got off. Allie slid out the car and glanced at the house where yelling could be heard.

"Are they..." she started but was cut off.

"Just one...Kihyun and her, according to Jooheon, are having a screaming match" Shownu sighed, he knew she was going to ask.

Allie watched at the door flew open and out stormed the female Kihyun was holding earlier. The girl had turned to face the door as Kihyun stepped out. They were yelling and cursing at each other, not caring that Shownu was standing there and it was as if they didn't see Allie.

"Yeah well you knew that this wasn't going to last!!" Kihyun yelled at the girl.

"You just told me that you didn't know who's mate she was!! She probably isn't even yours!" she screamed back.

"SHE COULD BE! FUCK I SHOULDN'T HAVE EVEN LET YOU GIRLS COME BY!" Kihyun screamed back, his face slightly red.

"NOT MY FUCKING FAULT YOU BLEW IT!! YOU TOLD HER TO LEAVE THEN YOU BLAME THIS MESS ON ME!" the girl screamed again, she threw her hands around in the air.

Soon Allie was hiding behind Shownu as the two continued to fight. All that the girl could think was they were lucky the house was secluded, because if it wasn't the neighbors definitely would have called the police. Shownu had felt Allie bury herself into his back and he didn't mind it but he knew he'd have to calm the two arguing. The sound of a car had halted the two fighting before Shownu could speak. Both glanced at Shownu, and Allie tugged his shirt.

"Get her out of here." Shownu sighed as he pointed at the female vampire.

"You heard him, leave" Kihyun mumbled as he glanced at her.

"I will!!" She yelled before storming off to her vehicle.

The squeal of rubber against the asphalt rang in the air before the roar of her engine faded in the distance. Shownu had turned to face Allie, he smiled as she looked up at him. Her eyes almost doe like, big and green, waiting for him to speak. He thought it was the cutest thing in the world.

"Allie, will you take the ice cream inside for me?" he asked as her lips twitched before smiling.

"Yeah I can do that" she said.

"Good, don't eat too much okay? I wouldn't want Kihyun to yell at you for spoiling dinner. Not that I would let him yell at you...but he likes to nag" Shownu chuckled as he helped Allie hold the bags.

"I won't eat too much, the guys won't try to eat it though right?" she asked uneasy to leave her ice cream in the freezer.

"They'll try...that one thing we still love even if the taste is slightly faded. Go inside now...I have to take care of some business" he smiled.

"Alright. Shownu..." the girl trailed off slightly when she heard a car pull into the driveway.

"Hmmm?" Shownu hummed as he waited for the girl to continue.

"Thank you for today...even though it started messy...and it wasn't really a date..it felt normal...thanks" she mumbled before she stood on her tiptoes and planted a small kiss on his cheek.

Shownu watched her, slightly dumbfounded, as she smiled and walked inside. Neither of them knew exactly why it happened but was happy it happened. He waited until she slipped inside after she said a few word to a scowling Kihyun. He then turned to the three bodies making their way up the driveway.

"Thanks for coming" he said as he shook their hands.

"No problem man, you said it might be an emergency so we came as fast as we could" JB smiled as he glanced at the two at his sides.

"Well the thing is...she's here...and well we went out to lunch and she told me a few things" Shownu sighed as he ran his hands through his hair.

"What'd she say?" Jackson asked as he glanced at the man.

"Look is it normal for her know our scents??" Shownu asked, his tone slightly worried.

"I mean yeah..she should know her mates scent obviously" Jackson laughed slightly.

"No...I mean all of our scents. The whole clans" Jackson instantly stopped laughing at these words and cast a worried glance at his brothers.

~~~