Forty-One

'Strangers?'

The huddle in the living room was obvious. The four of them huddled on the sofa, whispering to each other. The rest of the group was sat on the other side of the sofa or on the floor watching them. As Wonho had wondered in, the whispering settled and they rearranged themselves as Shownu stood. The faces of the three now coming into everyone's view.

"Is something wrong? Why are they here?" Wonho asked as he leaned against the wall.

"I wouldn't say that exactly...just something interesting..." JB sighed as he ran his hand through his hair.

"Does it have to do with the girl?" Kihyun's question had everyone shift in their positions, some getting protective while others leaned forward curiously.

"Maybe your leader should answer that one" Jackson breathed out as he glanced at Shownu.

"She told me something earlier...I think you guys need to hear it. Where is she?" he asked as he glanced at Wonho.

    Squinting his eyes at the leader, Wonho nodded his head in the direction of the kitchen. Nodding, he took his leave to get the girl which left the six to stare at their three guests. One in particular looked too familiar, like they had seen him before.

"Have we seen each other before?" Wonho tilted his head as he eyed the male who was mainly quiet the times they met.

"Besides the time we came last time? Not that I can recall" he mumbled as he eyed Wonho.

    The males eyed each other, both trying to figure each other out. The shuffles for the kitchen gained everyone's attention. Shownu was the first to emerge, followed by the brunette. Only the top of her head was visible as she used Shownu's broad body to hide. The three guest each glanced trying to catch a glimpse of the mystery mate they came to help but where caught off guard when a familiar scent wafted in the room.

    Puzzled looks were plastered on each of their faces. The scent one of them held was faded but clearly present in the room. As they came into the living room, the girl still hid behind Shownu.

"So what's going on?' Hyungwon broke the silence as he glanced at his brothers.

"Stop hiding behind me, come out and introduce yourself to our guests." Shownu mumbled as he looked behind his shoulder.

    A little whine was all that escaped from behind Shownu as he spoke to her. As if time had slowed again, all he could see was her. The brown hair that caressed her shoulders, the lips etched with pink, the soft green eyes. As if that wasn't enough, she was in his shirt.

"Hello I'm Allie" she spoke softly, not looking at the guest yet.

"Allie..." the deep voice caused her to instantly look in their direction.

"JB..." she gulped as she looked next to him, Jackson and Mark each staring at her.

"You guys know each other?" Shownu asked as he looked between the four.

"We've met once" JB said as he glanced at Shownu.

"This is the mate?" Jackson asked, slightly dumbfounded.

"They know?" Allie asked as she looked at the man she hid behind earlier, shock evident on her face.

"They're here to help us understand...this" Shownu said, motioning between their bodies.

"Can you...can you give us a moment alone? I'd like to talk with her...without interruptions" Mark spoke as he stood up.

"A moment alone?" Wonho questioned as he straightened and crossed his arms.

"Yes, the three of us with her" Mark shot back as he glared in Wonho's direction.

"Is this about...about what I said during lunch?" Allie asked hesitantly as she glanced from Shownu to JB, ignoring the others.

    JB nodded softly as he glanced at her. She was uneasy, he could tell that she was fighting against running away. Everything in her eyes screamed run away but her body stayed planted in the middle of the groups. He knew they had a problem on their hands, Mark had obviously believed she was his mate but this group believed that as well.

"Mark, sit down. She doesn't want to be alone with us, she doesn't seem to take well with people who are like strangers to her" JB said as he tugged him down.

"Strangers?" Mark breathed out, only audible to JB.

"It's alright Allie..just go take a seat and tell me what happened at lunch when you're ready" JB said as he nodded to the group.

    Allie was hesitant, her eyes shooting towards Mark before she turned away. She felt his eyes on her, watching her movements. Her instincts telling her to run and hide but fighting against it. She found herself sitting in between Hyungwon and Jooheon. It brought her slight comfort when Hyungwon let her relax on him. The watchful eyes of Mark snapping away.

"At lunch...I was talking with Shownu about...about.." she trailed off as her gaze shifted from the floor to I.M, who sat next to Jooheon "About something last night...I had told him I could tell someone scent..he told me it wasn't normal" her eyes met JB's in an instant.

"It isn't..unless you're a mate" JB said as he glanced to his side at a tensed up Mark.

"That's what he told me" Allie mumbled.

"Can I ask who it was?" Mark slightly growled.

"....I.M..." she mumbled.

"Me!?" I.M's attention was quickly grabbed as he looked at her shocked.

"So...you know I.M's scent? Mind verbalising it so we can verify it?" Jackson asked hesitantly.

"...It's..it's intoxication..his scent. It's like...the sea mixed with the woods...sometimes the faint lingering scent...is like old leather" she mumbled as she glanced at I.M then at the floor.

"She's not wrong" Kihyun mumbled from behind her.

"Then...you're his mate" Minhyuk said as he looked at the girl.

"That's not all..." Shownu said as he eyed her, motioning for her to continue as she looked at him.

"..I know Shownu and Hyungwon's scent too...and Wonho's" she hesitantly said as she glanced at the man sitting next to her.