47. paris

The party was violent, no one was safe. Alice was scared at first, she'd never been to a party like this but she knew Matty would keep her safe. He allowed her to hold onto his arm but the tighter she squeezed the more aware he became that there was nothing in his veins.

"I'm gonna go for a piss, Adam will look after you" he gave her a loose kiss and pushed her towards Adam. She watched him walk in a specific direction but brushed it off, unaware of his connections at parties. Kat was though, she was very aware.

"Hey, do you want a drink?" She asked Alice, taking her hand.

"Yeah, sure." She smiled and allowed her to take her to the kitchen. As soon as Kat stepped into the kitchen, she felt sick. She knew this kitchen, this is where she met Matty, they were in the same house. "You okay Kat?" Alice asked innocently. Kat felt like telling her to run away while she still could but instead she nodded and went to the drinks.

The party went on, Alice went off somewhere with Adam and Ross while Kat found herself talking to another guy. It was fresh and felt good which was a first for her. Every time she spoke to a guy, it felt like she was going something wrong; she didn't want to feel like that anymore.

"So, you're friends with the 1975 right?" The guy asked, she nodded.

"Met 'em here actually." She sipped her drink, batting her eyelids and praying she got something out of this. She needed a fat distraction.

"That's cool, they're a good band." He confirmed, she smiled at him. "You're really pretty" he slurred, making her laugh. She allowed him to put his hand on her leg while she edged closer to him.

"You're not too bad yourself." She winked, making him laugh nervously. She had him.

"Oh! There you are, Kat!" Alice's voice interrupted, causing both their heads to turn.

"What's wrong Alice?" She asked, slightly agitated. She looked worried which made Kat squint her eyes in suspicion.

"Well, I haven't seen Matty since he left at the beginning of the party and I'm getting a bit worried. I can't find him anywhere" she confessed, Kat's face dropped. She had an idea where he was.

"Okay." She turned to the guy. "Sorry, come find me at the next party." She pecked him on the lips, patted him on the crotch and stood up to follow Alice to the guys. "Alice, stay with Adam." She pushed her to him before turning to Tammy "Keep her distracted." She then turned to George who was confused. "You are coming with me" she grabbed his hand and led him upstairs to where she assumed he would be.

"What's happening Kat?" George asked but the further they got down the hall, the bigger the sinking feeling in her stomach got. She stopped in front of the familiar door and took a deep breath.

"I'm worried about Matty" she confessed, opening the door and finding exactly what she feared: Matty was passed out on the mattress, a needle dangling from his arm. He looked awful, his eyes were wide and lifeless and there was drool or foam or something icky coming from his mouth.

"Fuck!" George yelled, running to him. He pulled out the needle all the way and looked around for something. Kat ran to his head and slapped his face multiple times.

"Matty! Wake up! Matty! I swear to fucking god, Matty!" She shouted in his face.

Suddenly a scream came from the door, Alice was stood there with Adam running behind her.
"Matty!" She screamed, instantly crying and falling to the floor dramatically.

"Get her out of here Adam!" Kat yelled, "and call an ambulance!"

"we need to get him to a shower." George advised, picking up his legs. Kat bit her lip as she tried to pick up his upper body.