29. talk!

At about nine am on Christmas morning, George stood outside Kat's house with a bouquet of flowers. He didn't know what time she was going to go around to her dad's but he knew she probably wasn't feeling great after the night she had at Denise's and wanted to cheer her up a bit.

He expected to see a very tired looking girl in front of him but instead he saw her slightly older still tired looking sister.

"George?" She looked down at the flowers and her face softened. "Aw. Are those for Kat?" She asked. George looked down at the flowers and then back up at Angie.

"Uh yeah. Merry Christmas to you guys." He passed over the flowers. Angie took them and grinned.

"You just missed her. She went for a run about ten minutes ago." She confessed, George's eyebrows raised. "Yeah, I don't know why either. Come in and wait for her." She moved out the way and George stepped in.

"What are your plans for the day?" He asked, taking off his coat. Angie wrapped her oversized cardigan around her body and shrugged.

"My mums back in London so nothing, I don't think anything until Kat comes back and spends the evening with me." She replied, "you?"

"I'm at my parents, going over there after this." He explained, Angie nodded and led him into the kitchen.

"That's nice. Tea? Coffee?" She offered, George replied that he wanted coffee as she flipped the kettle on. "Hey, do you know anything about this Matty kid?" Angie asked him, George's ears perked up.

"Uh, yeah. Why?" He wondered, Angie made the drinks and let out a laugh.

"Overheard Kat on the phone, apparently he keeps trying to kiss her and it's all confusing to her because he has a girlfriend. Sounds like a right dipshit to me." She stirred the cups and handed one to George who chuckled to himself.

"Nah, Matty's alright. He just doesn't know what he wants." George shrugged, Angie raised her eyebrows.

"Do you know what he wants?" She pressed further, wanting to know all about this boy who seemed to be fucking over her little sister.

"I think he wants his girlfriend." He stated, "but I think he's madly attracted to Kat at the same time." He added, Angie's left eyebrows raised this time.

"Well, she is irresistible." She said as if it were obvious. George's face broke into a wide grin as he sipped his coffee. "What about you? Are you madly attracted to my little sister?" She asked, batting her eyelids. George stared at her and smirked.

"No, she's like a sister to me."

She could be, Angie thought.

"Same." She nodded, earning a laugh. George sipped his coffee, not breaking eye contact with her.

"Have you got someone you're madly attracted to?" He asked carefully, trying to put his words in the right order. She shrugged.

"Could do." Ominous, George changed the position he was standing in and breathed in. "I want to meet this Matty boy."

"You'd terrify him" he said quickly, her eyes were amused.

"Good. He shouldn't be playing with my sister." She already didn't like him and that amused George.

"Nah, he's alright. My best mate actually" he smirked, Angie rolled her eyes.

"Of course you are." She said as if she was embarrassed. "Haven't you told him to back off?" She opened Kat's cupboard and searched its contents before pulling out some crisps.

"No" he smiled. "Because one day he's going to realise that he's madly in love with Kat" he answered plainly, Angie stared at him.

"If that's the case, why don't you tell him to break up with his girlfriend?" She wondered, George shrugged.