16. heart out

I can't breathe ^^^^^
————————————————————

Matty was feeling very itchy, not physically but as if there was something he needed to do. He couldn't stay still all day, he wandered around his house, went for a walk and even did some press ups. There was just something on his mind.

"Do you wanna go out?" Matty asked George as he walked into the studio where George was mixing some stuff they had recorded.

"I'm a bit busy, mate." George mumbled, Matty leant up against the wall and sighed. George hated him hovering, he sighed and threw his keys at him. "I'm meant to be picking up Kat from work but I'm a bit busy. Could you?" He asked, knowing Matty would jump at the chance to hang out with her.

"Hmm, okay." He answered, a smile spreading across his face as he left the room. George rolled his eyes and turned back to the laptop.

Matty drove, cigarette in mouth, down the familiar roads towards the record shop. He saw Kat, standing with her hair falling all over the place as she waited for someone to pick her up. He watched her face as she realised it was him picking her up.

"Hey." She said as she got in, putting her bag in the back of the car. Matty leant over and kissed her cheek.

"How was work?" He asked, she shrugged.

"Same old, I'm thinking about quitting though." She confessed as he pulled out of the car park.

"Oh, why?" He wondered, if she quit then he wouldn't be able to pick her up from work and see her in her cute little uniform.

"I have more than enough money to go travelling like I want to." She answered, Matty turned left and she scrunched up her face.

"Your house is down there." She pointed out, he smirked. That wasn't a good sign.

"We're going back to yours." He replied.

"I'm meant to be hanging out with George" He let out a scoff as he pulled into her street.

"Now, you're hanging out with me." He pulled up outside her house and shot her a grin.

"You can't just steal me from him. I said I would hang out with him." She became slightly agitated that he thought this was ok. He noticed her tone and instantly became equally as agitated.

"You drive me fucking mental" he muttered as he got out the car. She squinted her eyes, annoyed as he opened her door for him.

"If I drive you so fucking mental, then why do you wanna hang out with me so bad?" She got out and walked to her door as he followed.

"Because I fucking miss you. I haven't hung out with you in so long. I barely see you." He said, she opened the door and they walked in.

"That's not my fault. I'm always at your house, you have had plenty of opportunities." She was not in the mood for him, George had promised her pizza and wine and instead she was getting arguments and Matty.

"Don't bring Alice into this." He growled, following her into her kitchen. Kat spun around.

"I'm sorry, I don't ever recall bringing her up?" She raised her eyebrows and Matty settled down. "I bet you're only here because she's busy." She said, he squinted his eyes at her.

"Don't get jealous, Kitty." He smirked, she rolled her eyes. It was not the time to start pulling out the jealousy card.

"You can go, if you're gonna be a prick." She opened her fridge to examine its contents while he took a seat on her island.