24. menswear

Kat slipped on her emerald dress, it came to just above her knee and sat on her perfectly. She brushed it down with her hands as her doorbell went off. She hadn't been to a wedding in so long.

She ran down the stairs, trying not to fall in her heels. As she opened the door, she revealed Matty was stood in a tux with his hair tied up. He looked gorgeous.

"Jesus Christ Kitty, you look fucking ridiculous." He rubbed his hand over his mouth as she stood in front of him.

"Same goes for you Healy, I like your hair like that." She reached up, only touching it slightly which caused a strand to pop out.

"Kat." He groaned but she laughed and hugged at the strand.

"If anything it looks better." She giggled, he rolled his eyes and held out his hand to lead her to the car. Her eyes squinted to the back seat of the car and suddenly someone's face turned to face her.

"Georgie!" She squealed as he grinned at her through the car. She got in the passengers seat and then turned around to him. "I didn't know you were coming!" She grinned, Matty got in the drivers seat and smiled.

"Yeah, me and Chris go way back." He shrugged, Matty let out a laugh.

"Not far enough to get a plus one." He teased, George rolled his eyes.

"I'm actually so glad Alice can't come. I was dreading third wheeling." He confessed, Matty burst out laughing and so did Kat.

"We should get going or we're gonna be late." Kat pointed out once the laughing had died down. Matty started the car and embarked on their journey to the countryside.

"Oh no, it's a church. Watch out Matty." Matty rolled his eyes as they drove past it.

"Fuck. Look how many cars are here." Matty muttered as they pulled into the car park. Kat's eyes widened as they looked at the massive church. Matty tried his best with his poor driving skills to park his car before they all got out. "I've gotta go find the groomsmen, I'll see you after the ceremony." He said to both of them before running round the back of the church.

"Come on, let's get a seat." George linked his arm with hers and pulled her towards the front of the church.

It was a grand building, with eclectic story-telling windows. The pews were long and separated by pillars that cascaded and joined like half of a golden arch.

George and Kat slipped into a pew at the back and looked around. George waved at a few people as the hum of everyone talking reached them. Suddenly a woman with bleach blonde hair got up from the front and tried to run in her heels. Kat watched her as she ran towards them and surprisingly stopped in front of them.

"Oh, George! How have you been?" She asked with a thick Geordie accent. George grinned at her.

"Alright Denise, thanks." He turned to me, "This is the famous Kat." He turned his grin to Kat who looked confused.

"Oh! I'm Denise, Matty's mum." She smiled, Kat's eyes widened.

"No way! It's so lovely to meet you" She held out her hand and Denise shook it. She suddenly looked to her side.

"Ooh, I have to go but find me at the reception and we'll chat. I've heard so much about you!" She beamed before running back down the isle. Kat decided not to ask why she had heard so much about her since the groom and his men were walking down the isle now.

They all stood at the front, Matty was on the end and fiddling with the one strand of hair that had been previously pulled out by Kat. He made eye contact with her and winked, she stuck her tongue out just as the music started.