67. i find it hard to say bye

When Matty arrived back to the hotel, he was bubbly and excitable since he had seen Kat. George hadn't seen him this happy since before she left.

They set off to Kat's new apartment, Matty had told George that Angie wasn't coming with them back home. All George did was a nod. Matty could see that he was conflicted about Angie and he knew they were going to talk.

The block of flats they arrived looked nice. Matty had definitely seemed worse. They pressed the button of their flat and waited.

"Hello?" Angie's voice called out. George froze so Matty coughed.

"Hey, Ang. It's us." Matty said into the speaker. She didn't reply, there was just a buzz and the door unlocked. Matty looked at George, he just shrugged so they walked in.

The stairs were white marble in front of them but they, of course, took the lift. The lift didn't look as polished as the stairs but they prayed that it worked.

"Are you nervous?" Matty asked as the lift went up.

"Yeah. It's a sickening feeling knowing that the person you wanna be with doesn't want to be with you and they're about to tell you that." He leant up against the wall. Matty pulled his arm and wrapped his arms around his big body.

"She's just not the one for you. It's annoying, I know but you'll find someone eventually." He patted his back. George hummed in agreement.

"It's not the end of the world." George shrugged, Matty nodded just as the doors opened.

They knocked on the door but it was left open.

"Okay, Angela we really need to talk about security." Matty said loudly as he walked in. The flat smelled like cookies.

"Matthew!" She beamed, attacking him in a hug. He laughed and hugged her back.

"You're making cookies. I'm starving" he let go of her and walked towards the smell. Angie laughed and turned to George. They stared at each other for a brief moment before she wrapped her arms around his torso.

"Good to see you, Ang." He said politely, she squeezed his body. He rested his head on hers and they stood there for a little bit.

"Ang is there a Tesco's or something I can buy fags from?" Matty asked, biting into a biscuit.

"Yeah, there's one around the corner. Just go left when you exit." She told him, keeping one arm around George.

"Great. Will be back in a sec." he finished the biscuit and jogged out of the flat, leaving with a wink to George.

"Hey, while I have you..." George started as she let go of him and went back to baking. She looked up with nervous eyes. "I was wondering if we could have like...a chat." He asked awkwardly. She nodded.

"I was waiting for you to say that." She sighed, he sat down on the sofa and she joined.

"So, do you want to be with me? Like exclusively? Because I'm not getting that vibe from you" he cut to the chase. She took in a deep breath.

"I don't know." She answered. He glared at her, he didn't travel a thousand miles for her to say that.

"Well, figure it out. Because I don't like that kind of relationship where you're together but you're not together kind of thing. I like knowing." He stood his ground. Angie gulped and scratched her neck.

"I can't give you an answer, George. I don't know whether I want a relationship right now. I'm trying to figure other stuff out in my life" She replied.

"Like what?" He asked, more aggressively than he had first intended.

"Like, my job. My family. I have a lot to deal with. I want my relationship with Kat to get better, I want to get a stable job. I can't handle trying to figure out relationship issues on top of that." She explained.