68. we should ring dad more

The next day, they left early in the morning so that they could get to Manchester in time for dinner. George offered to drive so Matty and Kat sat up front with him in this large van that Angie had managed to get them.

They played music, a lot of tame impala and old garage music from back in the day. George found it difficult to drive while Kat and Matty were moshing next to him.

"Fuck off or I'll turn it off." He yelled as he swerved to try and avoid hitting a car. "I have no idea how to drive this fucking thing." He hissed. Kat was sat in between the two boys and tapped George on the shoulder.

"It's okay, Georgie. We'll calm down. What song do you want on?" She asked. Matty started to scroll through his Spotify to see.

"Oh hang on guys. My mums calling" Matty disconnected his phone and held it up to his ear. "Hello there mother." He answered. Kat smiled at his reaction to hearing his mum's voice.

"Hello darling. Where are you in the world?" She laughed.

"Currently on the M1, slowly making our way to the M6." He answered. George looked at one of the signs, they still had a long way to go.

"Oh, are you coming to visit?" She asked. Matty had walked straight into that one.

"Well, I'm helping Kat move to London this weekend. Meeting her dad tonight but maybe we could swing by on the way back tomorrow?" He looked at Kat, who's eyes widened. She didn't know if they had time for that.

"Don't worry about it if you're helping Kat. Is she there?" She asked. Matty smirked.

"Yeah she's sat right next me." Kat snapped her head to him and watched as he handed her the phone. "Of course you can speak to her." He passed her the phone and Kat placed it her ear.

"Hey Denise." She breathed.

"Hey Denise!" George yelled over, Kat giggled.

"Hello guys! Kat I just want to say congratulations on your new job. I'm so proud!" She beamed. Kat felt all warm inside.

"Oh thank you so much. I'm already a few days in but I love it." She watched Matty's hand place itself on her thigh and squeeze it.

"You'll have to come and visit when I film Loose Women." She suggested. Kat adored Denise as the mum that she never had.

"Of course. I would love that." Matty took the phone off her quickly.

"Mum, stop hogging my favourite person. We'll come and visit you maybe tomorrow. Is Louis there?" He wondered.

"Matthew don't be rude. Louis' out right now but he's here this weekend so you can see him too." She informed him.

"Good good. Kat's never met Louis so that'll be good." He squeezed her leg and she pulled a face.

"Okay I'll leave you to it. See you soon. Love you"

"Love you too, bye." He hung up and suddenly felt the need to kiss Kat. He kissed her cheek to get her attention and when she turned he caught her on the lips.

"Lads, I love you both but can we keep the PDA to a minimum please?" George complained. Matty grabbed Kat and started to kiss all over her, she screamed and elbowed him in the gut which made Matty yell out in pain. "I'm gonna throw us over a bridge in a minute I swear to god!" George yelled.

They arrived later than they had hoped. George dropped them off at Kat's dads place before driving around to see his mum and dad. They had agreed to meet back at Kat's place which wasn't too far from either.

"Ready?" Kat asked. Matty all of sudden looked extremely nervous.

"Last time I met someone's parents they basically told me to fuck off and die so..." He shoved his hands in his jean pockets but Kat pulled out the one closer to her and put hers in it firmly.