36. if i believe you

Don't get me wrong, I love Matty, but fuck me Ross was looking spicy at the brits.
———————————————————————

George knew something was wrong with Matty. He had been acting weird a lot and never seemed to be in a good mood; even around Kat.

He expected Matty to be home, maybe with Alice when he entered his house. Ross and Adam were meant to be home; not that they would tell anyone if they weren't.

He didn't expect the house to be silent and lifeless. He opened the first door, the living room, to see an empty room; so he moved to the next room, the kitchen, to find another empty room. After not bothering to look upstairs, he decided to see what food they had left.

George was about to make himself a sandwich when he heard a thud as if someone had just fallen down the stairs. He didn't move at first, just kind of stared in the general direction of the door before he heard a soft sobbing sound.

All he could see was someone's hand draped across the floor from where he was standing and instantly knew it was Matty.

"Matty? Did you just fall down the stairs?" He called, he heard another sob so he put down the food and walked to the hallway.

"Fuck you, George." Matty slurred as he noticed the tall figure hovering above him. He looked a state. His shirt was off, leaving him in only tight leather trousers, his hair was a mess and he had drool or sick or some other substance on the corners of his mouth.

"Jesus Christ. What happened?" He asked, Matty didn't look as if he was hurt physically but George could tell something inside was hurting.

"You...and...just....you" he slurred his words, his eyes rolling back. George grabbed his arms but then noticed there was dry blood on them.

"For fucks sake, Matty. Why didn't you call me?" He asked, picking him up and dragging him towards their downstairs bathroom.

"You...fucking...Kat...I dunno." He trailed off, George didn't understand anything he was saying as he dragged him into the shower and pulled off his trousers so he was in his boxers.

George turned the water on and then sat in front of him so he didn't drown or die. Slowly, Matty became more conscious but this was when it became harder to handle. Matty started to cry; hard. George turned off the shower but sat back where he had been before.

"Matty, what happened?" George asked, Matty looked him in the eyes and cried hard.

"Please don't take her George." He begged, George raised his eyebrows. "Please, I'll do anything. Don't fuck her, not her, you can have anyone else. Just please." His words were barely audible through his words but George still made them out.

"Who? Alice?" He asked, Matty cried harder.

"Please George. I thought I could handle it but I can't. Don't take her from me, I need her." He hiccuped. George didn't say anything; he wasn't talking about Alice.

"Matty, I don't want her." He said calmly. Matty's breathing started to calm down slightly. "But mate, she's not yours."

"I just want her to be happy. I can't make her happy." He sobbed into his knees, George shook his head. How can one girl have such an affect on this group?

"I thought you had spoken to her about this. I thought you two were okay." He was confused by the sudden outburst.

"She tells you things. Things she doesn't want me to know. I want to be the one to make her happy." His voice grew harsh but then let out another cry. "You can make her happy, she likes you but I don't want that but I don't get a say and she'll be mad and not talk to me." He sounded about six years old.